×

Discussion Board

Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    31

    Door Access With Nokia 6131 NFC phone

    Hi All,
    I have a reader that is used for door access control in my lab. When I place the Nokia 6131 NFC phone close to the reader, the reader is able to detect the phone and a 6 digit number is displayed on the screen of the reader. However, these digits are not the same as the card UID of the phone. My question is where will this 6 digit number be stored on the phone? Is there a way in which I can read these 6 digits and display it on my phone. the phone uid is shown as XXXX9000 and the number read by the reader when I place my phone near it is XX2368.
    Amar Sahu
    CEDT@IISc

  2. #2
    Nokia Developer Expert
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    113

    Re: Door Access With Nokia 6131 NFC phone

    Just one post is enough :-)

    Please check how you've got the SE visibility set up in your phone - the phone will behave differently depending on how that is set (on/off).

    Note that the phone UID may be random every time you use it, but the SE UID will stay the same.

    Door lock systems which rely on the UID are inherently insecure, since the UID from the key can be trivially read and played back.

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    8

    Re: Door Access With Nokia 6131 NFC phone

    Hi ...
    i want to develop the application which is similar to u.My module is NFC mobile as access control card.I have NFC 6131 mobile.Now I need the way how to start my application.Iam very new to j2me.so in which technology(j2se/j2me) i need to start.when the user tap the phone the reader will detect the phone and if the person is authenticated then door will open.Right now we dont have any access gate.But we have a set up like if we tap the phone then optical lights are there.if the person is authenticated then green light will blow.if not red light will blow.So will you please help me how to start my code.

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Germany Hamburg
    Posts
    32

    Re: Door Access With Nokia 6131 NFC phone

    Quote Originally Posted by Snehita View Post
    Hi ...
    i want to develop the application which is similar to u.My module is NFC mobile as access control card.I have NFC 6131 mobile.Now I need the way how to start my application.Iam very new to j2me.so in which technology(j2se/j2me) i need to start.when the user tap the phone the reader will detect the phone and if the person is authenticated then door will open.Right now we dont have any access gate.But we have a set up like if we tap the phone then optical lights are there.if the person is authenticated then green light will blow.if not red light will blow.So will you please help me how to start my code.
    What kind of reader do you use? I have an Omnikey 5321 and a lot of example software included like health insurance cards software and reading / writing tools for mifare so I wrote a java swing tool for identification in a library. The PC and the reader are the library and my phone is my authentification. In your example the java tool is flashing red for denying entrance and flashing green for allowing entrance, am I right?

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    8

    Re: Door Access With Nokia 6131 NFC phone

    Quote Originally Posted by hyposommnie View Post
    What kind of reader do you use? I have an Omnikey 5321 and a lot of example software included like health insurance cards software and reading / writing tools for mifare so I wrote a java swing tool for identification in a library. The PC and the reader are the library and my phone is my authentification. In your example the java tool is flashing red for denying entrance and flashing green for allowing entrance, am I right?
    Hi ,exactly ur right...Am using Omnikey reader and NFC nokia 6131 mobile.Do i need to develop any Midlet application in this.Plz tell me the flow or algorithm of this application.I dont have any application for flashing the light.I need that help only means how to develop code when the reader detects my phone it should blow green otherwise red.I know the writing and reading of mifare cards.I have that library.

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Germany Hamburg
    Posts
    32

    Re: Door Access With Nokia 6131 NFC phone

    For the first step you do not need any Midlets because your 6131 has a UID which you could read out and use for authetification.
    Write a Database and store the UID then write a Tool (java ,c#, c,or what ever) and connect to the Database. Each time the 6131 connects to the reader the tool must verify the UID in the Database to allow or deny access.
    Second step: buuild up an encrypted connection. Now you need a Midlet that compares the keys or algorithme.
    here some code examples:
    http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.ph...mmon_use_cases

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    8

    Re: Door Access With Nokia 6131 NFC phone

    Quote Originally Posted by hyposommnie View Post
    For the first step you do not need any Midlets because your 6131 has a UID which you could read out and use for authetification.
    Write a Database and store the UID then write a Tool (java ,c#, c,or what ever) and connect to the Database. Each time the 6131 connects to the reader the tool must verify the UID in the Database to allow or deny access.
    Second step: buuild up an encrypted connection. Now you need a Midlet that compares the keys or algorithme.
    here some code examples:
    http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.ph...mmon_use_cases
    Thank you for ur immediate response.Encrypted connection?Can you explain this clearly.Y i need this connection?After verify that UID how do i connect this application to detector(Flash light)?

  8. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Germany Hamburg
    Posts
    32

    Re: Door Access With Nokia 6131 NFC phone

    encryped connection could be realised by CA Authority (symmetric key algorith)
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Symmetric-key_algorithm
    or a simple MD5 Midlet I think there must be a code example on the Nokia Wiki
    But first time start developing the connection between reader, database and java tool( I would do this in java)
    Then implement the detector flasher. I would use a green arrow for allowing access( Access granted) and a red for Access denied. Pretty simple. Later on you can implement a flasher and the encrypted connection.
    Skills in mySQL/PHP and java(C#, C+ w.e.) required.

Similar Threads

  1. Nokia 6131 NFC SDK v. 1.1 has been released!
    By Raluca_ in forum Near Field Communication
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 2008-05-29, 13:54

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
×