Discussion Board

TRK no response in Carbide.c++ IDE

Hi all,

I tried to use TRK to do on-device debug. I used Carbide.c++ 2.0. I installed TRK version 3.0.8 on Nokia E61.

I tried to use bluetooth and USB cable.

Firstly, when I use bluetooth, I connected cell phone to PC. App TRK on cell phone showed the status is connected. The device name was correct. Then I used "Initiate service testing" in IDE. I always got "TRK no response". I am sure that I selected the correct com port which I check it in Device Management.

Secondly, I tried USB cable. I choose the mode as PC suite. Then I closed the PC suite on PC. App TRK showed that the status is connected, but there is no any information about baudrate, stopbit, and something like this. I got "TRK no response" too when I tried "Initiate service testing".

I was so confused what was wrong about my operation. Do you have any opinions on it?

Another question is that I want to test memory errors on device. Does HookLogger support real device?

Super Contributor

Re: TRK no response in Carbide.c++ IDE

Quote Originally Posted by charles_happysunny View Post
    Hi all,

I tried to use TRK to do on-device debug. I used Carbide.c++ 2.0. I installed TRK version 3.0.8 on Nokia E61.

I tried to use bluetooth and USB cable.

Firstly, when I use bluetooth, I connected cell phone to PC. App TRK on cell phone showed the status is connected. The device name was correct. Then I used "Initiate service testing" in IDE. I always got "TRK no response". I am sure that I selected the correct com port which I check it in Device Management.

Secondly, I tried USB cable. I choose the mode as PC suite. Then I closed the PC suite on PC. App TRK showed that the status is connected, but there is no any information about baudrate, stopbit, and something like this. I got "TRK no response" too when I tried "Initiate service testing".

I was so confused what was wrong about my operation. Do you have any opinions on it?
    It has been discussed so many times and for different reasons so search in this Section.
    Another question is that I want to test memory errors on device. Does HookLogger support real device?
    At this time HookLogger is not supported for device.

Super Contributor

Re: TRK no response in Carbide.c++ IDE

Prolly mismatch between TRK version and settings.

1) Update Carbide to latest version
    2) check connection - it MUST NOT use TRK v2
    The lines above are the best I have to offer.If anyone of you is of more advanced knowledge, I ask for your patience and understanding! - unknown arab poet
    http://www.tamoggemon.com - Symbian blog - Windows Phone blog
    My other blogs:
    webOS blog iPhone blog BlackBerry blog Samsung bada blog Android blog