Discussion Board

Thread: Nokia 6650

Regular Contributor

Nokia 6650

I'm looking to get some feedback on 6650. I'm a hobbyist Symbian dev and want a phone to try out my apps. 6650 seems to be a good choice to me: 1) Availability with AT&T (US), 2) Runs on 3rd Edition FP2, 3) Pretty cheap.

Can anyone tell if this device would be a good choice to try out some Symbian apps? I'm looking to write a VoIP phone on Symbian, so will this device run an app like that?

Any feedback on other phones that I should look at are welcome. Your experiences with 6650 are more than appreicated.

Thanks.

(Retired) Nokia Developer Admin.

Re: Nokia 6650

I would suggest you go to the device specification page and see what is the best choice for you.
    http://www.forum.nokia.com/devices/matrix_all_1.html

Remember most of the tools have emulators and do not require an actual device although I do think VoIP would.

Ron

Regular Contributor

Thanks Ron. Can't really know from looking at the page and guess if it will miss something.

I will be using Open C++ plugin for STL and stuff. I hope that would be supported, right?

And how can I emulate an incoming SMS to the inbox. I couldn't find a way to do it. My app listens for incoming SMS and just placing SMS into the inbox won't work for me. Is there a way to do it?

(Retired) Nokia Developer Admin.

Quote Originally Posted by Nokia Ron View Post
    I would suggest you go to the device specification page and see what is the best choice for you.
    http://www.forum.nokia.com/devices/matrix_all_1.html

Remember most of the tools have emulators and do not require an actual device although I do think VoIP would.

Ron
    Go to the Open C or the Messaging forums and ask your questions there. Try Open C/C++ first.

Ron

Regular Contributor

I already have applications working with STL and stuff on the emualtor. Just want to make sure this set is good in supporting the open C++ stuff.

The SIP stack I'm looking to use supports Nokia APS. Is it supported on this handset?

Can you move this thread to the C++ forum..or I will have to start another one over there.