×

Discussion Board

Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    6

    Problem using CPbkContactEngine::SetFieldAsSpeedDialL on 3rd Edition FP2

    Hi,

    I am trying to write to the speed dial in my application.
    I am using CPbkContactEngine for the purpose and have successfully done so on 3rd edition and 3rd edition FP1 devices. I have been using this code for 2 years now.
    But I am getting a KErrServerTerminated(-15 ) error on FP2 devices (N96 and N78). The phone restarts after doing so.

    Changes have been done to the contacts API in 3rd edition FP2. But I cannot find anything related to SetFieldAsSpeedDialL. Is it a bug in FP2?

    Thanks,
    Sid

  2. #2
    Nokia Developer Champion
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Helsinki, Finland
    Posts
    8,335

    Re: Problem using CPbkContactEngine::SetFieldAsSpeedDialL on 3rd Edition FP2

    Quote Originally Posted by sid09 View Post
    Changes have been done to the contacts API in 3rd edition FP2. But I cannot find anything related to SetFieldAsSpeedDialL. Is it a bug in FP2?
    I am not sure but see if this article has to say something related to your problem: http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.ph...2C_FP2_devices
    Nokia Developer Wiki Moderation team

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    6

    Re: Problem using CPbkContactEngine::SetFieldAsSpeedDialL on 3rd Edition FP2

    I am not using the image field. But it looks like the CPbkContactItem has changed in FP2(they have added new fields). I am using a 3rd edition FP1 SDK. Should it create a problem? I thought FP2 is binary compatible with earlier 3rd editions.

    Thanks,
    Sid

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    6

    Angry Re: Problem using CPbkContactEngine::SetFieldAsSpeedDialL on 3rd Edition FP2

    Looks like there is nobody who can figure it out.. so much for the Symbian help and support!!! Symbian sucks!

  5. #5
    Super Contributor
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    9,968

    Re: Problem using CPbkContactEngine::SetFieldAsSpeedDialL on 3rd Edition FP2

    Quote Originally Posted by sid09 View Post
    I am not using the image field. But it looks like the CPbkContactItem has changed in FP2(they have added new fields). I am using a 3rd edition FP1 SDK. Should it create a problem? I thought FP2 is binary compatible with earlier 3rd editions.

    Thanks,
    Sid
    Logically you should be using FP2 SDK, if a feature is introduced in FP2 devices can't expect it is supported in previous SDKs.

    Quote Originally Posted by sid09 View Post
    Looks like there is nobody who can figure it out.. so much for the Symbian help and support!!! Symbian sucks!

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 2009-03-25, 09:42
  2. Problem in Porting Application from 3rd edition to 5th edition
    By manish.agarw in forum Symbian User Interface
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 2009-03-19, 04:47
  3. PIM not working in S60 3rd edition FP2
    By sourav_kumar97 in forum Mobile Java General
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 2009-02-13, 10:53
  4. TTime : TInt64& Int64() problem in S60 3rd edition
    By iulian_moldovan in forum Symbian Tools & SDKs
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 2006-01-24, 13:07

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •