Discussion Board

Problem using CPbkContactEngine::SetFieldAsSpeedDialL on 3rd Edition FP2

Hi,

I am trying to write to the speed dial in my application.
    I am using CPbkContactEngine for the purpose and have successfully done so on 3rd edition and 3rd edition FP1 devices. I have been using this code for 2 years now.
    But I am getting a KErrServerTerminated(-15 ) error on FP2 devices (N96 and N78). The phone restarts after doing so.

Changes have been done to the contacts API in 3rd edition FP2. But I cannot find anything related to SetFieldAsSpeedDialL. Is it a bug in FP2?

Thanks,
    Sid

Nokia Developer Champion

Re: Problem using CPbkContactEngine::SetFieldAsSpeedDialL on 3rd Edition FP2

Quote Originally Posted by sid09 View Post
    Changes have been done to the contacts API in 3rd edition FP2. But I cannot find anything related to SetFieldAsSpeedDialL. Is it a bug in FP2?
    I am not sure but see if this article has to say something related to your problem: http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.ph...2C_FP2_devices
    Nokia Developer Wiki Moderation team

I am not using the image field. But it looks like the CPbkContactItem has changed in FP2(they have added new fields). I am using a 3rd edition FP1 SDK. Should it create a problem? I thought FP2 is binary compatible with earlier 3rd editions.

Thanks,
    Sid

Angry Re: Problem using CPbkContactEngine::SetFieldAsSpeedDialL on 3rd Edition FP2

Looks like there is nobody who can figure it out.. so much for the Symbian help and support!!! Symbian sucks!

Super Contributor

I am not using the image field. But it looks like the CPbkContactItem has changed in FP2(they have added new fields). I am using a 3rd edition FP1 SDK. Should it create a problem? I thought FP2 is binary compatible with earlier 3rd editions.

Thanks,
    Sid
    Logically you should be using FP2 SDK, if a feature is introduced in FP2 devices can't expect it is supported in previous SDKs.

Looks like there is nobody who can figure it out.. so much for the Symbian help and support!!! Symbian sucks!