Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

Angry [moved] Can you stop Carbide closing an app when theres an error?

Its really annoying, I want it to STOP when theres an application error so I can check variables, see what line is breaking etc. etc. etc. Needless to say Visual Studio finds it possible - even when running the windows mobile emulator.
    Its VERY VERY VERY VERY annoying for the app to crash, then you need to guess where (as in you had to in the old days before IDEs), then put some more break points in, wait 10 minutes for the emulator to start and load your program before getting to see what went wrong.

Nokia Developer Champion

Re: Can you stop Carbide closing an app when theres an error?

Quote Originally Posted by dhitchman View Post
    Its really annoying, I want it to STOP when theres an application error so I can check variables, see what line is breaking etc. etc. etc. Needless to say Visual Studio finds it possible - even when running the windows mobile emulator.
    Its VERY VERY VERY VERY annoying for the app to crash, then you need to guess where (as in you had to in the old days before IDEs), then put some more break points in, wait 10 minutes for the emulator to start and load your program before getting to see what went wrong.
    Relax. You can achieve it with Carbide.c++ IDE as well. Open your Emulator and go to Preferences and enable Just In Time debugging. See the attached image.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Nokia Developer Wiki Moderation team

Regular Contributor

Re: [moved] Can you stop Carbide closing an app when theres an error?

Thanks, I'll try that, why though is it not set on by default? Never mind, at least if I can remember the 20000000000 magic runes needed I may be able to set up my next machine as well.
    :-)

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: [moved] Can you stop Carbide closing an app when theres an error?

And an other one you may find useful: http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.ph...arbide.c%2B%2B