Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

Error in build time.

Hi

i am newbie in symbian c++. i installed cardide c++ and all Symbain SDK.

When i add new project in carbide c++ with 'S60 UI Application' in 2nd edition FP3, after i build that project without change code than following error comes at build project time.

Creation Time Description Resource Path Location Type
    1239951639704 BLDMAKE ERROR: Directory "\Symbian\8.1a\S60_2nd_FP3\EPOC32\" does not exist SampleApp Unknown C/C++ Problem

Creation Time Description Resource Path Location Type
    1239951639704 bldmake returned with exit value = 1 SampleApp Unknown Carbide.c++ Build Problem

Now what i will do for succesfully build project? please help me.

Nokia Developer Champion

Re: Error in build time.

Which is the version of Carbide.c++ IDE you are working with?
    Nokia Developer Wiki Moderation team

Regular Contributor

Carbide.c++ v2.0

Nokia Developer Champion

Quote Originally Posted by SymbianTH View Post
    Carbide.c++ v2.0
    Hmm. Carbide.c++ v2.0 does not support S60 2nd Edition SDKs officially. (Read the release notes of Carbide.c++ v2.0)

You can try this hack: http://blogs.forum.nokia.com/blog/lu...carbide.c-v1.3

Or install Carbide.c++ v1.2.2.5 which supports S60 2nd Edition inherently. Download it from here: http://www.forum.nokia.com/info/sw.n...807624c94.html

I hope this helps.

Regular Contributor

i tried with S60 3rd edition FP1 and with 3rd edition FP2 but same problem facing with carbide C++ v2.0

what i do?

Nokia Developer Champion

i tried with S60 3rd edition FP1 and with 3rd edition FP2 but same problem facing with carbide C++ v2.0

what i do?
    Ok. Which is the version of Perl you have installed? Type perl -v on the command prompt and show your result.

Super Contributor

On which drive you installed SDK and Carbide C++ ???

Regular Contributor

Perl - 5.6.1
    Carbide c++ - 2.0
    SDK - ALL(2nd FP1-FP2-FP3, 3rd FP1-Fp2)

where i get carbide C++ 1.3 version for installation.

Nokia Developer Champion

Perl - 5.6.1
    Carbide c++ - 2.0

I hope the build number is 635/638 of perl. It should form 5.6.1 build 635. Anyways that should not create problem.

And I am afraid that you would get Carbide.c++ 1.3. You would get Carbide.c++ v1.2.2.5 as shown in my previous reply or work with Carbide.c++ v2.0 itself.

Can you show full build log from Carbide.c++ IDE when you build for S60 3rd FP1 SDK?

Nokia Developer Moderator

Perl - 5.6.1
    Carbide c++ - 2.0

Also please note that the workspace and SDK reside on the same drive. Other than that, please follow Kiran's advise of pasting the build log from the console

Regular Contributor

Console Info at build project time

HTML Code:

***Building project "SampleGUIApp" for configuration "Emulator Debug (WINSCW) [S60_3rd_FP1]"

***Printing environment variables modified from default:
    PATH=C:\Program Files\Nokia\Carbide.c++ v2.0\x86Build\Symbian_Tools\Command_Line_Tools;C:\Symbian\9.2\S60_3rd_FP1\epoc32\tools;C:\Symbian\9.2\S60_3rd_FP1\epoc32\gcc\bin;C:/Program Files/Nokia/Carbide.c++ v2.0/jre/bin/client;C:/Program Files/Nokia/Carbide.c++ v2.0/jre/bin;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symbian\Tools;E:\Perl\bin\;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;C:\Program Files\Intel\DMIX;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\;;C:\Program Files\CSL Arm Toolchain\bin;;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\Lib\
    PATH=C:\Program Files\Nokia\Carbide.c++ v2.0\x86Build\Symbian_Tools\Command_Line_Tools;C:\Symbian\9.2\S60_3rd_FP1\epoc32\tools;C:\Symbian\9.2\S60_3rd_FP1\epoc32\gcc\bin;C:/Program Files/Nokia/Carbide.c++ v2.0/jre/bin/client;C:/Program Files/Nokia/Carbide.c++ v2.0/jre/bin;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symbian\Tools;E:\Perl\bin\;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;C:\Program Files\Intel\DMIX;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\;;C:\Program Files\CSL Arm Toolchain\bin;;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\Lib\
    MWCSYM2INCLUDES=C:\Program Files\Nokia\Carbide.c++ v2.0\x86Build\Symbian_Support\MSL\MSL_C\MSL_Common\Include;C:\Program Files\Nokia\Carbide.c++ v2.0\x86Build\Symbian_Support\MSL\MSL_C\MSL_Win32\Include;C:\Program Files\Nokia\Carbide.c++ v2.0\x86Build\Symbian_Support\MSL\MSL_C\MSL_X86;C:\Program Files\Nokia\Carbide.c++ v2.0\x86Build\Symbian_Support\MSL\MSL_C++\MSL_Common\Include;+C:\Program Files\Nokia\Carbide.c++ v2.0\x86Build\Symbian_Support\MSL\MSL_Extras\MSL_Common\Include;C:\Program Files\Nokia\Carbide.c++ v2.0\x86Build\Symbian_Support\MSL\MSL_Extras\MSL_Win32\Include;C:\Program Files\Nokia\Carbide.c++ v2.0\x86Build\Symbian_Support\Win32-x86 Support\Headers\Win32 SDK;
    MWSYM2LIBRARIES=C:\Program Files\Nokia\Carbide.c++ v2.0\x86Build\Symbian_Support\Win32-x86 Support\Libraries\Win32 SDK;C:\Program Files\Nokia\Carbide.c++ v2.0\x86Build\Symbian_Support\Runtime\Runtime_x86\Runtime_Win32\Libs
    MWSYM2LIBRARYFILES=MSL_All_MSE_Symbian_D.lib;gdi32.lib;user32.lib;kernel32.lib;
    MWCINCLUDES=C:\Program Files\Nokia\Carbide.c++ v2.0\x86Build\Symbian_Support\MSL\MSL_C\MSL_Common\Include;C:\Program Files\Nokia\Carbide.c++ v2.0\x86Build\Symbian_Support\MSL\MSL_C\MSL_Win32\Include;C:\Program Files\Nokia\Carbide.c++ v2.0\x86Build\Symbian_Support\MSL\MSL_C\MSL_X86;C:\Program Files\Nokia\Carbide.c++ v2.0\x86Build\Symbian_Support\MSL\MSL_C++\MSL_Common\Include;+C:\Program Files\Nokia\Carbide.c++ v2.0\x86Build\Symbian_Support\MSL\MSL_Extras\MSL_Common\Include;C:\Program Files\Nokia\Carbide.c++ v2.0\x86Build\Symbian_Support\MSL\MSL_Extras\MSL_Win32\Include;C:\Program Files\Nokia\Carbide.c++ v2.0\x86Build\Symbian_Support\Win32-x86 Support\Headers\Win32 SDK;
    EPOCROOT=\Symbian\9.2\S60_3rd_FP1\
    NO_DEPENDENCIES=-nd
    MAKE=make -j 4

Working Directory: G:/SymbianCode/Temp_Code/SampleGUIApp/group

***Invoking bldmake command
    perl.exe -S bldmake.pl bldfiles winscw  
    The process tried to write to a nonexistent pipe.
    WARNING: EPOCROOT does not specify an existing directory
    BLDMAKE ERROR: Directory "\Symbian\9.2\S60_3rd_FP1\EPOC32\" does not exist

=== BLDMAKE Command failed with error code 1 ===
    ***Stopping. Check the Problems view or Console output for errors.

***Errors were detected in build. See the Problems or Console view for details.

Total Time: 0 sec

Nokia Developer Champion

Code:
    PATH=C:\Program Files\Nokia\Carbide.c++ v2.0\x86Build\Symbian_Tools\Command_Line_Tools;C:\Symbian\9.2\S60_3rd_FP1\epoc32\tools;C:\Symbian\9.2\S60_3rd_FP1\epoc32\gcc\bin;C:/Program Files/Nokia/Carbide.c++ v2.0/jre/bin/client;C:/Program Files/Nokia/Carbide.c++ v2.0/jre/bin;C:\Program Files\Common ...
    Working Directory: G:/SymbianCode/Temp_Code/SampleGUIApp/group
    See, you betrayed us. You should have workspace and SDK reside on the same drive. So create your new project on C: drive and it will work without any problem.

All the best.

Regular Contributor

Thank you Kiran, thank you very much.

it's work.