Discussion Board

Starting AppTRK v3.0.9 resets phone E71

Hi,

so I wonder where Carbide.c++ v2.0 gets the AppTRK. If you install through the tab "Install remote agents" you are getting v3.0.9 on the phone. But if you connect it first time through USB on E71, the phone resets. After rebooting it claims to be connected.

Also with v3.0.9 same problems "Error: TRK not connected."

So now I have enough of this and will give up and need to tell the training class next week that it not possible to remote debug a S60 3.1 device using Carbide.c++ v2.0.

BR,

Rene
    Rene Heuven
    Inmote - Creative Smartphone Solutions
    Web: www.inmote.com
    E-mail: rene@inmote.com

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Starting AppTRK v3.0.9 resets phone E71

Apparently you have several posts in this topic, so calm down.
    Consider updating your device too. Make absolutely sure that you are installing the S60 3.1.0 variant of TRK version 3.0.9 (use Save if you have doubts).
    And reboot everything, that is also necessary sometimes.

It is not a matter of calming down - yes - I have several issues with AppTRK - and each of them is a separate issue - therefore deserves a separate topic - as far as I know it is a golden rule to discuss a single issue in a single thread or report a single issue in a bug report to ease tracking of the resolution of a bug.

I have created clean test for this including rebooting the phone and making sure I installed S60 3.1.0 of AppTRK. What I am stating here is a reproducible case.

I do not expect AppTRK to require my E71 to need a firmware update to work.

Can I consider this as a statement from Nokia that AppTRK on E71 does work and has no issues? So then I would challenge Nokia to proove it is working.

For your information: I wasted 2 - 4 man days on getting AppTRK working with no result.

So still I am wondering what to tell during the training ... it is not possible to debug using Carbide.c++ v2.0 and S60 3.1 phones?

With other mobile platforms this just works out-of-the-box. So we may expect some quality also from the major global mobile platform.

BR,

Rene

Super Contributor

Hi heuven,

I agree there are some issues you have with the TRK.
    Well the basic problem will be when you connect the cable to the trk and request it to connect. It tries to check with the residing kernel and try to establish the c32 connection between the device and your PC with BT and USB. There are many flaws with the firmware causing this issue with the panic in the kernel raising for the reboot. Please update your firmware and try to establish the TRK again.

I hope that will work..

Regards,
    Mateen Maldar
    "Whatever the mind can conceive and believe, the mind can achieve"

Nokia Developer Moderator

I do not know if E-Series devices have some special restriction, but for N-Series devices like N95, N95 8GB, and N81 it works for me. All of them are FP1 devices. And indeed, I have not updated them for more than a year by now - that was only an idea.