×

Discussion Board

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 25
  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    78

    PyS60 1.9.3 compilation problem (in order to compile modules)

    Hi,

    I wanted to compile my modules wlantools and elocation for PyS60 1.9.3 but I'm facing a problem and it blocks me for 2 days...

    I need to compile the core Python lib to build then my modules, I created a subst drive w: with C:\Symbian\9.2\S60_3rd_FP1.

    I moved the PyS60 sources in \PyS60-1.9.3\ (or C:\Symbian\9.2\S60_3rd_FP1\PyS60-1.9.3\)

    I set EPOCROOT to "\"

    Then I configure the build : setup.py configure -s 30armv5 -k selfsigned
    (I'm not taking care of the capabilities at this point)

    but then, python setup.py build fails.

    I get :

    Code:
    make -s  -r -f "\EPOC32\BUILD\PyS60-1.9.3\newcore\symbian\group\_TYPES\WINSCW\_TYPES.WINSCW" RESOURCEUDEB
    make -s  -r -f "\EPOC32\BUILD\PyS60-1.9.3\newcore\symbian\group\THREAD\WINSCW\THREAD.WINSCW" RESOURCEUDEB
    make -s  -r -f "\EPOC32\BUILD\PyS60-1.9.3\newcore\symbian\group\_SSL\WINSCW\_SSL.WINSCW" RESOURCEUDEB
    make -s  -r -f "\EPOC32\BUILD\PyS60-1.9.3\newcore\symbian\group\_TESTCAPI\WINSCW\_TESTCAPI.WINSCW" RESOURCEUDEB
      make -r  -f "\EPOC32\BUILD\PyS60-1.9.3\newcore\symbian\group\WINSCW.make" TARGET CFG=UDEB VERBOSE=-s
    process_begin: CreateProcess((null), mwccsym2.exe -g -O0 -inline off -wchar_t off -align 4 -warnings on -w nohidevirtual,nounusedexpr -msgstyle gcc -enum int -str pool -exc ms -trigraphs on -nostdinc -d _DEBUG -d _UNICODE -d __SYMBIAN32__ -d __SERIES60_31__ -d __SERIES60_3X__ -d __CW32__ -d __WINS__ -d __WINSCW__ -d __
    DLL__ -d Py_BUILD_CORE -d __SUPPORT_CPP_EXCEPTIONS__ -cwd source -i- -i \PyS60-1.9.3\newcore\symbian\inc -i \EPOC32\include\python25 -i \EPOC32\include\stdapis -i \EPOC32\include -i \epoc32\include\variant -i "\epoc32\include\variant\ " -include Symbian_OS_v9.2.hrh -o \EPOC32\BUILD\PyS60-1.9.3\newcore\symbian\group\PYTHON25\WINSCW\UDEB\_sre.o -c \PyS60-1.9.3\newcore\Modules\_sre.c, ...) failed.
    make (e=2): The system cannot find the file specified.
    make[1]: *** [\EPOC32\BUILD\PyS60-1.9.3\newcore\symbian\group\PYTHON25\WINSCW\UDEB\_sre.o] Error 2
    make: *** [TARGETPYTHON25] Error 2
    make -s  -r -f "\EPOC32\BUILD\PyS60-1.9.3\newcore\symbian\group\PYTHON25\WINSCW\PYTHON25.WINSCW" UDEB_sre.c
      make -r  -f "\EPOC32\BUILD\PyS60-1.9.3\newcore\symbian\group\WINSCW.make" FINAL CFG=UDEB VERBOSE=-s
    
    *** BUILD FAILED ***
    Do you know what I am doing wrong ?
    Is there any step I missed to prepare the build environment ?

    Thanks


    Christophe
    Christophe Berger

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    78

    Re: PyS60 1.9.3 compilation problem (in order to compile modules)

    Quote Originally Posted by bergerc View Post
    Hi,

    I wanted to compile my modules wlantools and elocation for PyS60 1.9.3 but I'm facing a problem and it blocks me for 2 days...

    I need to compile the core Python lib to build then my modules, I created a subst drive w: with C:\Symbian\9.2\S60_3rd_FP1.

    I moved the PyS60 sources in \PyS60-1.9.3\ (or C:\Symbian\9.2\S60_3rd_FP1\PyS60-1.9.3\)

    I set EPOCROOT to "\"

    Then I configure the build : setup.py configure -s 30armv5 -k selfsigned
    (I'm not taking care of the capabilities at this point)

    but then, python setup.py build fails.

    I get :

    Code:
    make -s  -r -f "\EPOC32\BUILD\PyS60-1.9.3\newcore\symbian\group\_TYPES\WINSCW\_TYPES.WINSCW" RESOURCEUDEB
    make -s  -r -f "\EPOC32\BUILD\PyS60-1.9.3\newcore\symbian\group\THREAD\WINSCW\THREAD.WINSCW" RESOURCEUDEB
    make -s  -r -f "\EPOC32\BUILD\PyS60-1.9.3\newcore\symbian\group\_SSL\WINSCW\_SSL.WINSCW" RESOURCEUDEB
    make -s  -r -f "\EPOC32\BUILD\PyS60-1.9.3\newcore\symbian\group\_TESTCAPI\WINSCW\_TESTCAPI.WINSCW" RESOURCEUDEB
      make -r  -f "\EPOC32\BUILD\PyS60-1.9.3\newcore\symbian\group\WINSCW.make" TARGET CFG=UDEB VERBOSE=-s
    process_begin: CreateProcess((null), mwccsym2.exe -g -O0 -inline off -wchar_t off -align 4 -warnings on -w nohidevirtual,nounusedexpr -msgstyle gcc -enum int -str pool -exc ms -trigraphs on -nostdinc -d _DEBUG -d _UNICODE -d __SYMBIAN32__ -d __SERIES60_31__ -d __SERIES60_3X__ -d __CW32__ -d __WINS__ -d __WINSCW__ -d __
    DLL__ -d Py_BUILD_CORE -d __SUPPORT_CPP_EXCEPTIONS__ -cwd source -i- -i \PyS60-1.9.3\newcore\symbian\inc -i \EPOC32\include\python25 -i \EPOC32\include\stdapis -i \EPOC32\include -i \epoc32\include\variant -i "\epoc32\include\variant\ " -include Symbian_OS_v9.2.hrh -o \EPOC32\BUILD\PyS60-1.9.3\newcore\symbian\group\PYTHON25\WINSCW\UDEB\_sre.o -c \PyS60-1.9.3\newcore\Modules\_sre.c, ...) failed.
    make (e=2): The system cannot find the file specified.
    make[1]: *** [\EPOC32\BUILD\PyS60-1.9.3\newcore\symbian\group\PYTHON25\WINSCW\UDEB\_sre.o] Error 2
    make: *** [TARGETPYTHON25] Error 2
    make -s  -r -f "\EPOC32\BUILD\PyS60-1.9.3\newcore\symbian\group\PYTHON25\WINSCW\PYTHON25.WINSCW" UDEB_sre.c
      make -r  -f "\EPOC32\BUILD\PyS60-1.9.3\newcore\symbian\group\WINSCW.make" FINAL CFG=UDEB VERBOSE=-s
    
    *** BUILD FAILED ***
    Do you know what I am doing wrong ?
    Is there any step I missed to prepare the build environment ?

    Thanks


    Christophe

    Anybody compiled a module on PyS60 1.9.3 ?
    Did you do something special ?

    I will reinstall my development environment to see if I did something wrong.

    Thanks for any help

    Regards,
    Christophe Berger

  3. #3
    Regular Contributor
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    114

    Re: PyS60 1.9.3 compilation problem (in order to compile modules)

    Did you make the changes mentioned in the section "6.2 Porting existing native extensions to PyS60 1.9.x" in Python src\PyS60_1_9_x_README.txt ?
    import antigravity

  4. #4
    Nokia Developer Expert
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    131

    Re: PyS60 1.9.3 compilation problem (in order to compile modules)

    Also, take a look at the example module, elemlist present under src\extras

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    78

    Re: PyS60 1.9.3 compilation problem (in order to compile modules)

    Quote Originally Posted by mahesh.sayibabu View Post
    Also, take a look at the example module, elemlist present under src\extras
    The modules do not enter in this problem, I want first to compile Python, then I will compile the modules, sorry I wanted to give the context when I spoke of the modules.
    I need Python25.dso to link my modules, I cannot finish the compile of the modules without building at first PyS60.
    and elemlist does not compile because Python25.dso does not exist

    I looked more precisely at the error messages :
    Code:
      make -r  -f "\EPOC32\BUILD\PyS60-1.9.3\newcore\symbian\group\WINSCW.make" TARGET CFG=UDEB VERBOSE=-s
    Errors caused tool to abort.
    make[1]: *** [\EPOC32\RELEASE\WINSCW\UDEB\python25.dll] Error 1
    make: *** [TARGETPYTHON25] Error 2
    make -s  -r -f "\EPOC32\BUILD\PyS60-1.9.3\newcore\symbian\group\PYTHON25\WINSCW\PYTHON25.WINSCW" UDEB
    mwldsym2.exe: Undefined symbol: '__stack_alloc'
    mwldsym2.exe: referenced from '_file_readlines' in fileobject.c:1382
    mwldsym2.exe: referenced from '_PyMarshal_ReadLastObjectFromFile' in marshal.c:1046
    mwldsym2.exe: Undefined symbol: '___CxxFrameHandler'
    mwldsym2.exe: referenced from 'CPyThreadRoot::CPyThreadRoot(int (*)(void *) &, void *) (??0CPyThreadRoot@@QAE@AAP6AHPAX@Z0@Z)' in thread_symbian.cpp:35
    mwldsym2.exe: referenced from 'void invokeTable(void (* *)(void), void (* *)(void)) (?invokeTable@@YAXPAP6AXXZ0@Z)' in win32crt.h:121 (EDLL.LIB)
    mwldsym2.exe: referenced from 'void * operator new(unsigned int) (??2@YAPAXI@Z)' in win32crt.h:154 (EDLL.LIB)
    mwldsym2.exe: referenced from 'void operator delete(void *) (??3@YAXPAX@Z)' in win32crt.h:176 (EDLL.LIB)
    mwldsym2.exe: referenced from '__E32Dll' in uc_dll.cpp:41 (EDLL.LIB)
    mwldsym2.exe: referenced from '_launchpad' in thread_symbian.cpp:88
    mwldsym2.exe: Undefined symbol: '___destroy_new_array'
    mwldsym2.exe: referenced from 'CPyThreadRoot::~CPyThreadRoot(unsigned int) (??_ECPyThreadRoot@@UAE@I@Z)' in thread_symbian.o
    mwldsym2.exe: Undefined symbol: '__stdcall(16) _rt_divs64 (__rt_divs64@16)'
    mwldsym2.exe: referenced from '_epoch_to_datetime' in symbian_python_ext_util.cpp:310
    mwldsym2.exe: Undefined symbol: '___unexpected'
    mwldsym2.exe: referenced from 'void operator delete(void *) (??3@YAXPAX@Z)' in win32crt.h:176 (EDLL.LIB)
      make -r  -f "\EPOC32\BUILD\PyS60-1.9.3\newcore\symbian\group\WINSCW.make" FINAL CFG=UDEB VERBOSE=-s

    Any idea ?

    Thank you very much
    Christophe Berger

  6. #6
    Regular Contributor
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    114

    Re: PyS60 1.9.3 compilation problem (in order to compile modules)

    Quote Originally Posted by bergerc View Post
    The modules do not enter in this problem, I want first to compile Python, then I will compile the modules, sorry I wanted to give the context when I spoke of the modules.
    I need Python25.dso to link my modules, I cannot finish the compile of the modules without building at first PyS60.
    and elemlist does not compile because Python25.dso does not exist
    python25.dso is part of the Python SDK zip. You can extract the correct SDK zip to your Symbian SDK and then compile your module directly. There is no need to build Python for S60 source.
    import antigravity

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    78

    Re: PyS60 1.9.3 compilation problem (in order to compile modules)

    Quote Originally Posted by ashwinurao View Post
    python25.dso is part of the Python SDK zip. You can extract the correct SDK zip to your Symbian SDK and then compile your module directly. There is no need to build Python for S60 source.
    Oh, that's a good thing, I didn't even check what was in this zip. Thanks I will try
    Christophe Berger

  8. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    8

    Re: PyS60 1.9.3 compilation problem (in order to compile modules)

    has anyone managed to recompile wlantools for 1.9.x? if not does anyone know of another way to scan for 802.11 devices without user interaction?

  9. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    78

    Re: PyS60 1.9.3 compilation problem (in order to compile modules)

    Quote Originally Posted by Spud_Gun31 View Post
    has anyone managed to recompile wlantools for 1.9.x? if not does anyone know of another way to scan for 802.11 devices without user interaction?
    Hi,

    I still cannot compile anything under 1.9.x, even not the example module elemlist.
    As soon as I manage it, I will provide a version of wlantools.

    I will look at it next week, I did not have time to investigate further.
    Christophe Berger

  10. #10
    Regular Contributor
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Finland, Helsinki
    Posts
    323

    Re: PyS60 1.9.3 compilation problem (in order to compile modules)

    Quote Originally Posted by bergerc View Post
    I still cannot compile anything under 1.9.x, even not the example module elemlist.As soon as I manage it, I will provide a version of wlantools.

    I'm waiting for wlantools for 1.9/2.0, it is currently most important "3rd party" module I am using.

    Let us know when we can try the new module. I have at least 3rd FP0, FP1 and FP2 devices on my hands.
    --
    Aapo Rista
    http://code.google.com/p/pys60gps/
    http://opennetmap.org/

  11. #11
    Nokia Developer Expert
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    131

    Re: PyS60 1.9.3 compilation problem (in order to compile modules)

    Quote Originally Posted by bergerc View Post
    Hi,

    I still cannot compile anything under 1.9.x, even not the example module elemlist.
    Can you tell what is the exact problem you are facing, may be we can help

  12. #12
    Regular Contributor
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    176

    Re: PyS60 1.9.3 compilation problem (in order to compile modules)

    hi everyone,

    I'm a fan of the elocation module and set about trying to port the module myself. I partially succeeded (http://sites.google.com/site/mrhtail...attredirects=0) ! however, only one error occurs at this line:
    Code:
    PyThread_AtExit(location_mod_cleanup);
    - error: Each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in
    - error: "PyThread_AtExit" undeclared (first use this function)


    If I comment out the line, the SIS builds successfully. I sign it, install onto my mobi phone, import it into Python Shell, then test it as follows:
    Code:
    >> import elocation
    >> elocation.extended_gsm_location()
    .
    .
    .//continuous lines of errors referring to ret=elocation.extended_gsm_location()
    .
    MemoryError: Stack overflow
    >>
    any insight into this would be appreciated
    btw, i'm compiling for 1.9.5

  13. #13
    Regular Contributor
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    114

    Re: PyS60 1.9.3 compilation problem (in order to compile modules)

    Quote Originally Posted by the86hitman View Post
    hi everyone,

    I'm a fan of the elocation module and set about trying to port the module myself. I partially succeeded (http://sites.google.com/site/mrhtail...attredirects=0) ! however, only one error occurs at this line:
    Code:
    PyThread_AtExit(location_mod_cleanup);
    - error: Each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in
    - error: "PyThread_AtExit" undeclared (first use this function)
    Is "pythread.h" included?
    import antigravity

  14. #14
    Regular Contributor
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    176

    Re: PyS60 1.9.3 compilation problem (in order to compile modules)

    ashwinurao, thanks your for your help. the extension compiles perfectly now!

    however, the looping error isnt resolved I dont see any loops, so I dont know how/where this error arises from..

    Code:
      File "c:\resource\python25\elocation.py", line 
    37, in extended_gsm_location
       ret = elocation.extended_gsm_location()
      File "c:\resource\python25\elocation.py", line 
    37, in extended_gsm_location
       ret = elocation.extended_gsm_location()
      .
      .
      .
      .
      File "c:\resource\python25\elocation.py", line 
    37, in extended_gsm_location
       ret = elocation.extended_gsm_location()
      File "c:\resource\python25\elocation.py", line 
    37, in extended_gsm_location
       ret = elocation.extended_gsm_location()
      File "c:\resource\python25\elocation.py", line 
    36, in extended_gsm_location
       if e32.s60_version_info>=(3,0):
    MemoryError: Stack overflow
    Last edited by the86hitman; 2009-07-07 at 09:50.

  15. #15
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    78

    Re: PyS60 1.9.3 compilation problem (in order to compile modules)

    Quote Originally Posted by the86hitman View Post
    ashwinurao, thanks your for your help. the extension compiles perfectly now!

    however, the looping error isnt resolved I dont see any loops, so I dont know how/where this error arises from..
    Hi,

    For now I did not have time to setup my development environment, it still doesn't work but I may help you about the code, I developed this extension.

    Can you test to call directly the extension without the header script ?
    If you didn't change the way it works, the extension module should be _extended_gsm_location. then try to call the functions directly.
    There is also debug statements, if you create a directory called c:\Log the logfile should be created.

    Let me know,

    Christophe
    Christophe Berger

Similar Threads

  1. Importing new modules in pys60?
    By Faultsprofit in forum Symbian
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 2010-07-31, 18:42
  2. STLPort namespace issue
    By yickhong in forum Open C/C++
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 2009-04-09, 08:54
  3. problem with installation of 1.9.3 - N5800
    By maclun123 in forum Symbian
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 2009-03-30, 20:52
  4. Conditional compilation: managing set of modules
    By doctordwarf in forum Symbian
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 2004-08-31, 14:01
  5. Sun Wireless toolkit and compilation problem...
    By TomXX in forum Mobile Java Tools & SDKs
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 2003-04-15, 17:29

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •