Discussion Board

Exclamation E75 PROBLEM WITH VOIP

Hi,

I have tried many times to configure my new e75 for voip, but while in my others nokia E Series I have no problem (the last is e71) with the fp2 I can't use my provider. I also download sip voip settings 3.0 because i can only configure gizmo withoutit, but even if i try to copy some guide type this http://www.liberailvoip.it/home/hardware/nokia, I have always the same message : the providers is not available.

Please try to help me beacause I travel a lot and for the moment I must use Fring but is too unhandy

thanx very much

Re: E75 PROBLEM WITH VOIP

Go to this thread, maybe it'll help you. So far no response from Notorious Nokia.

http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/...hread.id=39055

Hi There

I have the problem to configure my new E75 for VOIP. I am not able to create a new profile or add new voip service after i've entered all the required details in Tools / Settings / Connection / SIP settings. My voip provider says to go to Tools / Settings / Connection / Internet Tel. Settings, but I cannot find internet tel settings under connection. Can you please assist me in creating a new voip profile & Select my voip as default.

Thanx

Khanz, your provider told you a menu path for a Nokia Symbian phone before 3rd Edition Feature Pack 2. They told you the path for a Nokia with VoIP Release 2. In Release 3, which you own, you have to ask your provider for an SMS. That SMS configures your device. However, because your provider is not aware of that releases, yet, you should configure your devices yourself. One way is the tool SIP VoIP Settings. For your model, you have to select ‘SIP VoIP 3.x Settings (164 kB)’, to download the correct variant. Nevertheless, for subsequent questions, you should look at its user and troubleshooting guides. If you are new to VoIP over SIP, the protocol message flow might help. If that information too special, I recommend to direct subsequent questions at the end-user support channels for example their discussions. Here we are in the community targeted at developers and there might be not enough users who want to answer something like this.