Discussion Board

Question OVI attraction and easy to use

I must say that the frontpage for www.ovi.com is very confusing. If Nokia want to make a app-store. Please, make it easy to use and grasp. 50% if the screen is filled with icons I can't click. When I click game I end up at ngage. Sure this is fine if you want to confuse your ovi users even further with a whole new layout and buttons. And what is ovi blogs, files on ovi, ovi store, share on ovi etc etc. Sure, I can take my time to click on all these links. But will the average user that spend time on that?

To sum it up: I think that ovi tries to get all possible content of all kinds into one place.

Maybe this will change and be better when ovi store is released.

rgds
    Carolus

Super Contributor

Re: OVI attraction and easy to use

Quote Originally Posted by Carolus99 View Post
    I must say that the frontpage for www.ovi.com is very confusing. If Nokia want to make a app-store. Please, make it easy to use and grasp.

Hi the address of the app store is http://store.ovi.com. Which will open May 2009. The Ovi Marketplace application will first appear on the new release phone shown.

To clarify here's the information we've publicly shared:

Early May - global launch of Ovi Store on more than 70 devices.
    June 2009 - Ovi Store client will be pre-installed on the N97 when it launches in select markets.
    original at http://discussion.forum.nokia.com/fo...d.php?t=164915

Quote Originally Posted by Carolus99 View Post
    Maybe this will change and be better when ovi store is released.
    Things will be better but answers for users are limited to a webinar and two videos, showing a demo on the new N97. The new app looks easy to use, and will not will conflict with the current Ovi, which I use. There will be a link to the Ovi app store when it opens.

Anything else is speculation and there is plenty of that around this board

Good Luck
    Jim
    Last edited by jimgilmour1; 2009-04-21 at 18:13.