×

Discussion Board

Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Mumbai, India
    Posts
    1,998

    Question Does QtCreator support designing for S60

    I have tried using QT Creator and I could not locate any templates related to S60. I would like to know if it supposrts S60 platform or not.

    I even went through this weeks Article of the week. It just has some screen shots about the QT Creator UI and tells how to open a project, but nothing about compiling it or using it for S60.

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    ભારત->ગુજરાત->ભાવનગર
    Posts
    279

    Post Re: Does QtCreator support designing for S60

    hi
    QT creator is basically used for windows development,and carbid is used for S60 development.But as QT creator is somewhat fast to execute your program.so after executing your program in QT Creator import it to carbid C++

    DO THE FOLLOWING PROCEDURE FOR IMPORTING PROJECT FROM QT CREATOR IDE:

    If you want to run you project in carbid c++ that you have made in QT creator IDE then just copy the project folder from Creator's workspace and paste to carbide c++ workspace.Then open carbid and import the .pro file of that specific project,after that you will be able to compile and run your project in Carbid c++

    Remember:There are many libraries and header files that are supported by Qt Creator IDE but not supported by Carbid C++ configured QT.

    Hope this will help you

    Regards
    mind_freak

  3. #3
    Super Contributor
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    જુનાગઢ - India
    Posts
    3,034

    Re: Does QtCreator support designing for S60

    The Original Question of kamlakshan was "How to create S60 application using QT Creator". Not how to import Qt application in carbide or QT Creator.

    He followed all the steps mentioned by you in your article How to use Qt Creator IDE but when he try to compile it, IDE create binaries for desktop not for S60.

    One more question was in his mind that how to test Qt application on machine. Will it require to install anything or just we can test it on our S60 emulator ???

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Mumbai, India
    Posts
    1,998

    Re: Does QtCreator support designing for S60

    Quote Originally Posted by mind_freak View Post
    hi
    QT creator is basically used for windows development,and carbid is used for S60 development.But as QT creator is somewhat fast to execute your program.so after executing your program in QT Creator import it to carbid C++

    DO THE FOLLOWING PROCEDURE FOR IMPORTING PROJECT FROM QT CREATOR IDE:

    If you want to run you project in carbid c++ that you have made in QT creator IDE then just copy the project folder from Creator's workspace and paste to carbide c++ workspace.Then open carbid and import the .pro file of that specific project,after that you will be able to compile and run your project in Carbid c++

    Remember:There are many libraries and header files that are supported by Qt Creator IDE but not supported by Carbid C++ configured QT.

    Hope this will help you

    Regards
    mind_freak

    On using Carbide for building QT project didn't seem to be that slow. And moreover, what is the advantage of using QT Creator - As far as I have read it is currently for cross platform Desktops application.

    Also if QT Creator can be used to completely build an application for S60, then please update your article on wiki - say on how to import it to carbide and then ultimately run it on emulator or device.

  5. #5
    Nokia Developer Champion
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Bhavnagar
    Posts
    928

    Re: Does QtCreator support designing for S60

    Hi,
    Qt creator ide can be use for the desktop only. You can import it to carbide from file->import and browse to your .pro file and build it.
    But there are many module which cant work with carbide like webkit sql etc. But all that work with creator ide.
    Jajal Mehul

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Mumbai, India
    Posts
    1,998

    Re: Does QtCreator support designing for S60

    So is it that modules like wbkit sql are available for S60 and not supported by Carbide, hence QT creator can be used to create projcets for these modules.

  7. #7
    Nokia Developer Champion
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Bhavnagar
    Posts
    928

    Re: Does QtCreator support designing for S60

    Quote Originally Posted by kamalakshan View Post
    So is it that modules like wbkit sql are available for S60 and not supported by Carbide, hence QT creator can be used to create projcets for these modules.
    No. Webkit,sql,phonon modules are not available for S60. But it is available for windows or desktop developement and hence it is working with Qt creator and not working with carbide.

    Porting of the other module for S60 is in progress by nokia and will be available soon.

    Check this link for the S60 supported module list. On the first line under download section it is written that
    "The "Garden" pre-release contains QtCore, QtTest, QtGui, QtNetwork, QtScript, QtSvg and QtXML as well as documentation and examples and demos. "

    Hope this helps you. Let us know if you had any more query....

    Regards.
    Jajal Mehul

  8. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Mumbai, India
    Posts
    1,998

    Re: Does QtCreator support designing for S60

    Quote Originally Posted by james1980 View Post
    No. Webkit,sql,phonon modules are not available for S60. But it is available for windows or desktop developement and hence it is working with Qt creator and not working with carbide.

    Porting of the other module for S60 is in progress by nokia and will be available soon.

    Check this link for the S60 supported module list. On the first line under download section it is written that
    "The "Garden" pre-release contains QtCore, QtTest, QtGui, QtNetwork, QtScript, QtSvg and QtXML as well as documentation and examples and demos. "

    Hope this helps you. Let us know if you had any more query....

    Regards.
    So how is QT Creator helpfull in S60 development?

    Is there anything I can do in QT Creator for S60 which is currently not supported by Carbide?

  9. #9
    Nokia Developer Champion
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Bhavnagar
    Posts
    928

    Re: Does QtCreator support designing for S60

    Hi,

    Presently Qt creator has nothing to do with S60 developement but it may be possible in future it might be available with some S60 support.

    If you use a creator ide for application development and your application uses the module which are supported by S60 also(network , gui,core etc.) than the same applcation can work with carbide also.
    Jajal Mehul

  10. #10
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Mumbai, India
    Posts
    1,998

    Re: Does QtCreator support designing for S60

    Quote Originally Posted by james1980 View Post
    Hi,

    Presently Qt creator has nothing to do with S60 developement but it may be possible in future it might be available with some S60 support.
    This was actually what I thought initially, but got a second thought after looking at the Wiki Article on QT Creator.

    Thank you for the clarification.

  11. #11
    Super Contributor
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    જુનાગઢ - India
    Posts
    3,034

    Re: Does QtCreator support designing for S60

    Quote Originally Posted by james1980 View Post
    Hi,

    Presently Qt creator has nothing to do with S60 developement but it may be possible in future it might be available with some S60 support.

    If you use a creator ide for application development and your application uses the module which are supported by S60 also(network , gui,core etc.) than the same applcation can work with carbide also.
    Hi Mehul,

    I do not know much about QT so m asking basic question.

    If Qt creator has nothing to do with S60 developement, than how can i develop application for S60 using QT creator???

    There are many article in wiki on Qt like "Qt for S60" and "How to use Qt Creator IDE". how they are usefull in development of S60 application???

  12. #12
    Nokia Developer Champion
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Bhavnagar
    Posts
    928

    Re: Does QtCreator support designing for S60

    Hi Savaj,

    If you have to deveelop application for S60 using creator IDE than you can design it and code it in creator but for S60 you have to test it in carbide. As Qt is a cross platform language if your code is running successful in creator IDE than you can run it directly in carbide after importing .pro file. But make sure your application uses the module that are supported by the Qt garden.
    Presently garden realease has a support for QtCore, QtTest, QtGui, QtNetwork, QtScript, QtSvg and QtXML module. If you are using this module in your creator Ide than same code will work for S60 also.

    Hope this will helps you and tell me if you hav any more query.
    Jajal Mehul

  13. #13
    Super Contributor
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    જુનાગઢ - India
    Posts
    3,034

    Re: Does QtCreator support designing for S60

    Hmmm, Got it. I thought there is some additional benefit of using QtCreator, like do not have to install Carbide and so (except memory requirement).

  14. #14
    Nokia Developer Champion
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Bhavnagar
    Posts
    928

    Re: Does QtCreator support designing for S60

    Quote Originally Posted by savaj View Post
    Hmmm, Got it. I thought there is some additional benefit of using QtCreator, like do not have to install Carbide and so (except memory requirement).
    It might be possible that in future Qt creator IDE is available with some S60 support also.
    Jajal Mehul

Similar Threads

  1. How to start UI designing for Series 60 5th Edition ??
    By rohanwaugh in forum Symbian User Interface
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 2008-11-11, 06:35
  2. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 2007-04-13, 12:59
  3. Developer Platform 2.0 for Series 60: Designing Bluetooth
    By jimgilmour1 in forum Bluetooth Technology
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 2006-07-19, 18:09
  4. View designing
    By arachidyl in forum Symbian
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 2006-05-27, 13:32
  5. Designing Process for Series 60 Application
    By anbuuu in forum Symbian
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 2006-02-16, 08:11

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
×