Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

Video Streaming is possible?

Hi

Is it possible video streaming with Symbian OS with series-60 C++ programing. If it is possible please tell me the information about it and what are the SDK version which Streaming available. I've been trying to find some information on Internet but still i'm unsuccessfully.

Not any help and no any snippets, example available.

Please help me.

Regrads
    SymbianTH

Re: Video Streaming is possible?

Yes Video streaming is very much possible. Search for RTSP - this will work only on RTSP supported phone which are the newer ones.

Also if you want something which supports all basic devices you will have to have a streaming protocol of your own along with your own audio video decoders.

Yes it is possible , there are two ways one is invoke the inbuilt realplayer by sending it an URL and second create your own player using SymbianC++ and then open the URL assuiming that your video is on server and its live streaming

Quote Originally Posted by vdharankar View Post
    Yes it is possible , there are two ways one is invoke the inbuilt realplayer by sending it an URL and second create your own player using SymbianC++ and then open the URL assuiming that your video is on server and its live streaming
    Note that this method will work only on phone with streaming support. It cannot be used in older models like 6600

Regular Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by kamalakshan View Post
    Also if you want something which supports all basic devices you will have to have a streaming protocol of your own along with your own audio video decoders.

Hi thanks to all for reply

please tell me hows i am getting streaming protocol for own audio video decoders.

i want to develop application on S60 3rd edition mobiles, have you know any link or snippets or example?

SymbianTH

Unfortunately there isn't any snippets or examples available for Streaming. btw do u have your own decoder?

Regular Contributor

my application need audio/video streaming process, so i got audio out streaming example code, now search about video streaming.

i have no any decoder.

SymbianTH

So you can try streaming with RealPlayer in RTSP supported phones. This link might also be helpful

Regular Contributor

hi

Thanks for this links, i will try using this link.

Thanks

hi,
    i've a question for kamalakshan.Is not RTSP a protocol in the application layer? I mean, which transport layers support Symbian? Just TCP or even UDP/RTP?
    This question 'cause i'm trying to understand what could be done in Symbian..

SymbianTH, what kind of stream you need to implement?live or progressive (like utube) streaming??

Thank you all

Super Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by elgringo640 View Post
    hi,
    i've a question for kamalakshan.Is not RTSP a protocol in the application layer? I mean, which transport layers support Symbian? Just TCP or even UDP/RTP?
    Indeed RTSP is a network control protocol and a generic one at that. Symbian supports TCP/UDP/RTSP. For more you can check couple of previous discussion links :-

http://discussion.forum.nokia.com/fo...d.php?t=130500
    http://discussion.forum.nokia.com/fo...highlight=RSTP

Cheers,
    Mayank