Discussion Board

Wink [moved] How to DIY S60 UI template in Carbide C++ V2.0?

Hi, Guys,

I'm trying to develop some multi-view architecture apps with Carbide C++ V2.0. It's very bad that there is no such template in the IDE, and I'm trying to add a DIYED one in it.

I read about some threads that talked about how to add template in Carbide C++ V1.3(http://discussion.forum.nokia.com/fo...ad.php?t=88457), however, when I'm trying to act according to the tutorial, I couldn't find the mentioned folder and source file mentioned within them.

Does anyone experience with this or have some knowledge about it, please help me.

Best regard,

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: How to DIY S60 UI template in Carbide C++ V2.0?

You can find a template plug-in at http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.php/Category:Sensor and use it as an example.

It is basically all about having a working example application with some template specific encodings in the code (like the project name encoded as $(baseName)) and an XML file indicating which files should be copied where ...

Ask if you have more questions.
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

Re: [moved] How to DIY S60 UI template in Carbide C++ V2.0?

It seems the tutorial was written for 1.3 version of carbide. You can find the folders there.

Re: How to DIY S60 UI template in Carbide C++ V2.0?

Quote Originally Posted by ltomuta View Post
    You can find a template plug-in at http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.php/Category:Sensor and use it as an example.

It is basically all about having a working example application with some template specific encodings in the code (like the project name encoded as $(baseName)) and an XML file indicating which files should be copied where ...

Ask if you have more questions.
    Hi, Thanks for your answer.

I still couldn't figure out how to solve it. After I extracted those files within the package you mentioned, I copied a file named com.forum.nokia.sensor.templates_1.0.0.003.jar to the carbide_root_folder/plugins/,it did take affect in the IDE. The big problem is how to write such a template plug-in jar file for my own use.

Anybody familiar with this topic, please give me a hand!

A *.jar file is nothing but a zip file so rename that to *.jar.zip and open it to see what it contains. The key files are:

.\META-INF\MANIFEST.MF - defines the plug-in name, version and unique symbolic name
    .\plugin.xml - lists the templates provided by this plugin, with a <template /> entry for each of them, among other things this element contains the path (location) of the actual template whithin the plug-in, like for example: .\templates\com\forum\nokia\templates\sensors\AccelXYZ_Sensor\template.xml
    .\[..]\template.xml - defines the actual template including: fields to be shown in the template wizard (like UID field, folder names) and instructions about which files should be copied where

If you search this forum you will find a post indicating some documentation material whithin Carbide.c++'s help. I can't indicate it to it now since I didn't think I need it, "hacking" my templates was fun enough.
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

Question Re: [moved] How to DIY S60 UI template in Carbide C++ V2.0?

A *.jar file is nothing but a zip file so rename that to *.jar.zip and open it to see what it contains. The key files are:

.\META-INF\MANIFEST.MF - defines the plug-in name, version and unique symbolic name
    .\plugin.xml - lists the templates provided by this plugin, with a <template /> entry for each of them, among other things this element contains the path (location) of the actual template whithin the plug-in, like for example: .\templates\com\forum\nokia\templates\sensors\AccelXYZ_Sensor\template.xml
    .\[..]\template.xml - defines the actual template including: fields to be shown in the template wizard (like UID field, folder names) and instructions about which files should be copied where

If you search this forum you will find a post indicating some documentation material whithin Carbide.c++'s help. I can't indicate it to it now since I didn't think I need it, "hacking" my templates was fun enough.
    Hi, thanks for your hot-hearted help. I found a very strange thing. I did find a file:com.nokia.cdt.templates_1.4.0.025.jar under carbide_root\plugins\, and extracted it into a folder. Then I saw a lot of predefined templated in this package, but when I tried to use the project wizard, I couldn't find any one of these predefined templates, so I thought this could be for the template plugin took no effect in the IDE. To validate my opinion, I remove the com.nokia.cdt.templates_1.4.0.025.jar file, and the configuration files:configuration\org.eclipse.core.runtime,\configuration\org.eclipse.osgi, then I reboot the IDE, and nothing ever changed, this verified that the plugin jar file didn't take any effect in the IDE.

I'm more and more confused about all of these strange stuffs, and I thought if there is some nokia-carbide-tool-dev guy who rushes into this topic, I'd make a suggestion that it would be much better if a template-creation wizard is added in the next version.

Hi, ltomuta, thank you, I finally get this done.

Here comes the effect:

Super Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by leequnwan View Post
    Hi, ltomuta, thank you, I finally get this done.

Here comes the effect:

Images are not showing Up .

Great work. I hope you will release the templates in the wiki.

I also have a couple of templates I should find the time to finalize and then maybe we can find some process through which we group these unofficial tempates into one plug-in with versioning control and regular releases.
    -- Lucian

Great work. I hope you will release the templates in the wiki.

I also have a couple of templates I should find the time to finalize and then maybe we can find some process through which we group these unofficial tempates into one plug-in with versioning control and regular releases.
    That's a great idea. But for the moment, I just put the package below.
    The package is available at http://www.damipan.com/file/zKdupP.html

Super Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by leequnwan View Post
    That's a great idea. But for the moment, I just put the package below.
    The package is available at http://www.damipan.com/file/zKdupP.html
    Some how, i am not able download it.

Works for me.

And here's one bug report together with the fix for it: the resource identifier entry in a *.rss must be unique so rather than having it hardcoded you shoud use the following macro:

Code:
    //  RESOURCE IDENTIFIER
    NAME $(rezId)	// 4 letter ID
    -- Lucian

Thanks, ltomuta, I've corrected it.

Quote Originally Posted by skumar_rao View Post
    Some how, i am not able download it.
    I uploaded it to another place, you can get it here:
    http://www.esnips.com/doc/df96b01a-5...ates_1.0.0.001

Super Contributor

Thanks leequnwan, It Works now. Will Give this a try.