×

Discussion Board

Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    9

    Wink [moved] How to DIY S60 UI template in Carbide C++ V2.0?

    Hi, Guys,

    I'm trying to develop some multi-view architecture apps with Carbide C++ V2.0. It's very bad that there is no such template in the IDE, and I'm trying to add a DIYED one in it.

    I read about some threads that talked about how to add template in Carbide C++ V1.3(http://discussion.forum.nokia.com/fo...ad.php?t=88457), however, when I'm trying to act according to the tutorial, I couldn't find the mentioned folder and source file mentioned within them.

    Does anyone experience with this or have some knowledge about it, please help me.

    Best regard,

  2. #2
    Nokia Developer Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Tampere, Finland
    Posts
    11,355

    Re: How to DIY S60 UI template in Carbide C++ V2.0?

    You can find a template plug-in at http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.php/Category:Sensor and use it as an example.

    It is basically all about having a working example application with some template specific encodings in the code (like the project name encoded as $(baseName)) and an XML file indicating which files should be copied where ...

    Ask if you have more questions.
    -- Lucian

    If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Mumbai, India
    Posts
    1,998

    Re: [moved] How to DIY S60 UI template in Carbide C++ V2.0?

    It seems the tutorial was written for 1.3 version of carbide. You can find the folders there.

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    9

    Re: How to DIY S60 UI template in Carbide C++ V2.0?

    Quote Originally Posted by ltomuta View Post
    You can find a template plug-in at http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.php/Category:Sensor and use it as an example.

    It is basically all about having a working example application with some template specific encodings in the code (like the project name encoded as $(baseName)) and an XML file indicating which files should be copied where ...

    Ask if you have more questions.
    Hi, Thanks for your answer.

    I still couldn't figure out how to solve it. After I extracted those files within the package you mentioned, I copied a file named com.forum.nokia.sensor.templates_1.0.0.003.jar to the carbide_root_folder/plugins/,it did take affect in the IDE. The big problem is how to write such a template plug-in jar file for my own use.

    Anybody familiar with this topic, please give me a hand!

  5. #5
    Nokia Developer Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Tampere, Finland
    Posts
    11,355

    Re: [moved] How to DIY S60 UI template in Carbide C++ V2.0?

    A *.jar file is nothing but a zip file so rename that to *.jar.zip and open it to see what it contains. The key files are:

    .\META-INF\MANIFEST.MF - defines the plug-in name, version and unique symbolic name
    .\plugin.xml - lists the templates provided by this plugin, with a <template /> entry for each of them, among other things this element contains the path (location) of the actual template whithin the plug-in, like for example: .\templates\com\forum\nokia\templates\sensors\AccelXYZ_Sensor\template.xml
    .\[..]\template.xml - defines the actual template including: fields to be shown in the template wizard (like UID field, folder names) and instructions about which files should be copied where

    If you search this forum you will find a post indicating some documentation material whithin Carbide.c++'s help. I can't indicate it to it now since I didn't think I need it, "hacking" my templates was fun enough.
    -- Lucian

    If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    9

    Question Re: [moved] How to DIY S60 UI template in Carbide C++ V2.0?

    Quote Originally Posted by ltomuta View Post
    A *.jar file is nothing but a zip file so rename that to *.jar.zip and open it to see what it contains. The key files are:

    .\META-INF\MANIFEST.MF - defines the plug-in name, version and unique symbolic name
    .\plugin.xml - lists the templates provided by this plugin, with a <template /> entry for each of them, among other things this element contains the path (location) of the actual template whithin the plug-in, like for example: .\templates\com\forum\nokia\templates\sensors\AccelXYZ_Sensor\template.xml
    .\[..]\template.xml - defines the actual template including: fields to be shown in the template wizard (like UID field, folder names) and instructions about which files should be copied where

    If you search this forum you will find a post indicating some documentation material whithin Carbide.c++'s help. I can't indicate it to it now since I didn't think I need it, "hacking" my templates was fun enough.
    Hi, thanks for your hot-hearted help. I found a very strange thing. I did find a file:com.nokia.cdt.templates_1.4.0.025.jar under carbide_root\plugins\, and extracted it into a folder. Then I saw a lot of predefined templated in this package, but when I tried to use the project wizard, I couldn't find any one of these predefined templates, so I thought this could be for the template plugin took no effect in the IDE. To validate my opinion, I remove the com.nokia.cdt.templates_1.4.0.025.jar file, and the configuration files:configuration\org.eclipse.core.runtime,\configuration\org.eclipse.osgi, then I reboot the IDE, and nothing ever changed, this verified that the plugin jar file didn't take any effect in the IDE.

    I'm more and more confused about all of these strange stuffs, and I thought if there is some nokia-carbide-tool-dev guy who rushes into this topic, I'd make a suggestion that it would be much better if a template-creation wizard is added in the next version.

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    9

    Re: [moved] How to DIY S60 UI template in Carbide C++ V2.0?

    Hi, ltomuta, thank you, I finally get this done.

    Here comes the effect:



  8. #8
    Super Contributor
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    9,968

    Re: [moved] How to DIY S60 UI template in Carbide C++ V2.0?

    Quote Originally Posted by leequnwan View Post
    Hi, ltomuta, thank you, I finally get this done.

    Here comes the effect:


    Images are not showing Up .

  9. #9
    Nokia Developer Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Tampere, Finland
    Posts
    11,355

    Re: [moved] How to DIY S60 UI template in Carbide C++ V2.0?

    Great work. I hope you will release the templates in the wiki.

    I also have a couple of templates I should find the time to finalize and then maybe we can find some process through which we group these unofficial tempates into one plug-in with versioning control and regular releases.
    -- Lucian

    If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

  10. #10
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    9

    Re: [moved] How to DIY S60 UI template in Carbide C++ V2.0?

    Quote Originally Posted by ltomuta View Post
    Great work. I hope you will release the templates in the wiki.

    I also have a couple of templates I should find the time to finalize and then maybe we can find some process through which we group these unofficial tempates into one plug-in with versioning control and regular releases.
    That's a great idea. But for the moment, I just put the package below.
    The package is available at http://www.damipan.com/file/zKdupP.html

  11. #11
    Super Contributor
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    9,968

    Re: [moved] How to DIY S60 UI template in Carbide C++ V2.0?

    Quote Originally Posted by leequnwan View Post
    That's a great idea. But for the moment, I just put the package below.
    The package is available at http://www.damipan.com/file/zKdupP.html
    Some how, i am not able download it.

  12. #12
    Nokia Developer Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Tampere, Finland
    Posts
    11,355

    Re: [moved] How to DIY S60 UI template in Carbide C++ V2.0?

    Works for me.

    And here's one bug report together with the fix for it: the resource identifier entry in a *.rss must be unique so rather than having it hardcoded you shoud use the following macro:

    Code:
    //  RESOURCE IDENTIFIER
    NAME $(rezId)	// 4 letter ID
    -- Lucian

    If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

  13. #13
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    9

    Re: [moved] How to DIY S60 UI template in Carbide C++ V2.0?

    Thanks, ltomuta, I've corrected it.

    Quote Originally Posted by skumar_rao View Post
    Some how, i am not able download it.
    I uploaded it to another place, you can get it here:
    http://www.esnips.com/doc/df96b01a-5...ates_1.0.0.001

  14. #14
    Super Contributor
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    9,968

    Re: [moved] How to DIY S60 UI template in Carbide C++ V2.0?

    Thanks leequnwan, It Works now. Will Give this a try.

Similar Threads

  1. Python for S60 1.9.2 released
    By tvijayan in forum Symbian
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 2009-03-11, 09:28
  2. [split] Building WEBKIT with Carbide.c++ (was: Debugging S60 webkit in carbide)
    By suhong in forum Carbide.c++ IDE and plug-ins (Closed)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 2009-02-19, 07:48
  3. how can I run for ARMI - THUMB with carbide?
    By adrianogalati in forum Symbian
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 2007-10-23, 15:59
  4. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 2007-08-22, 13:22

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •