Discussion Board

Streaming video use RTMP server

Hi,

I am develop fl 3.0 application streaming the video use RTMP server, But it running slow on device(N96). There is any specific guidelines to stream form RTMP server. There is specific video codec& aduio codec and Frame rate. The swf frame rate match with video frame rate or any other problem. Any specific tool to convert the video format to Flv.

Thanks
    videoFx

Re: Streaming video use RTMP server

Hi,

I also thing about Video Streaming. But I can't. Can you give me any suggestion?

I found Video Streaming start from Flash Lite 2.0 to higher. But I can't find any resource for Flash Lite 2.0. And S40 Series Nokia Mobile Phone don't have Flash Lite 2.0. It's have Flash Lite 1.0 & 1.1. Then how they and enjoy that video streaming service.

I found EBODA Technology can video streaming without flash lite.

Can you give me any update about that?

Need help guys...........

Doller

Tool to convert videos to FLV - Flash Video Decoder, it comes in the CS package itself. Or you can go for softwares like Adobe After Effects.
    Regarding FLV, RTMP streaming there is a good link at Adobe Developer Connection. Or read here . He is the author of the article and describes on RTMP, FL 3.0 etc..
    Twitter - manikantan_k
    Just in --

Nokia Developer Champion

Smile Re: Streaming video use RTMP server

Quote Originally Posted by faizshiraji View Post
    Hi,

I also thing about Video Streaming. But I can't. Can you give me any suggestion?

I found Video Streaming start from Flash Lite 2.0 to higher. But I can't find any resource for Flash Lite 2.0. And S40 Series Nokia Mobile Phone don't have Flash Lite 2.0. It's have Flash Lite 1.0 & 1.1. Then how they and enjoy that video streaming service.

I found EBODA Technology can video streaming without flash lite.

Can you give me any update about that?

Need help guys...........

Doller
    In Flash Lite 2.0 , u can did streaming but u need a Helix Streaming server and a 3gp file generated with Real Helix mobile producer because flash video(FLV) files are not supported in Flash lite 2.x or older . Moreover, a very cool tutorial can be found here :
    Flash Lite And video Streaming
    Hope it helps u..

Best Regards,
    SajiSoft

Hello?

Firstly (and much to my surprise) there are some S40s running FL3. The Nokia Supernova series is a good example. However in so much as this may allow rich media on S40s, I have found that packaging as NFLs is sometimes not too smooth a process.

Secondly many New Media startups do not have the capital for Helix or Apple streaming solutions, plus the DSS binaries offered by Apple as 'open source' offer little in the way of tech support ... even the installation process is a nightmare!

Now assuming one wants to release a FlashLite application packaged as a SIS file (that would be me), embedding a video inside a SWF regardless of the SWF being called externally, will bloat the file size because the SIS will consist of a a number of SWFs. Calling the 3GP video externally also doesn't reduce the SIS file size because it too must be bundled in the SIS file.

RTSP is seemingly the best approach. I am now groping my way around Vatata (www.vatata.com). I have installed it and engaged in self hosting bravado. I can see server activity when I call a 3GP video but I am having issues with Real Player. It tries to load the video but brings an 'unable to connect' error. Will keep you posted on that.

FlashLite 3 may however be the best solution because of FLV support however how many people have it on their phones? FLV support is great but will streaming via the HTTP protocol be possible?

Kind regards

I'm currently trying to develop a simple flash lite (AS 2.0) app wich plays a live-rtmp-stream from wowza media server.
    The Setup is as follows:
    VLC media player --> WowzaMediaServerPro --> flash lite app

I setup Wowza following this tutorial:
    http://www.wowzamedia.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1350

Vlc provides a rtp stream to the WowzaMediaServerPro using commandline:
    Code:
    vlc.exe -vvv -I rc http://192.168.1.140:31328 --sout "#transcode{venc=x264{keyint=60,nocabac,level=2.0},vcodec=x264,vb=800,scale=1,width=320,height=240,acodec=mp4a,ab=32,channels=2,samplerate=22050}:rtp{dst=127.0.0.1,sdp=file://%WMSCONFIG_HOME%/content/vlc.sdp}"
    "http://192.168.1.140:31328" is the input Stream wich VLC transcodes and streams to Wowza.

I created a new FL app with one video-Symbol and this AS 2.0 code:
    Code:
    var video:Video;
    var nc:NetConnection = new NetConnection();
    nc.connect("rtmp://192.168.1.140/rtplive");
    ns = new NetStream(nc);
    ns.setBufferTime(5);
    video.attachVideo(ns);
    ns.play("vlc.sdp");
    On my PC everything is working fine, video plays well if i start the swf file.
    But on my 5800XM the video plays for 1-2 seconds an than suddenly stops. This is the point where I'm stuck right now.

Hi Patrick,

have you found the solution yet? I have the same problem using Wowza with SDP streaming over rtmp.

Regards,
    Simon