Discussion Board

Hybrid View

Thumbs up External reader plugin for NFC reader (ACR122)

I would like to use my ACR122 NFC reader as external reader for the Nokia 6212 SDK. Since it is not supported by the SDK's specification I would like to ask if there is a chance to get it work at all in some way?

The 6212 SDK claims to provide an external reader plugin API. But I can't find it. Is it really missing?

Maybe I searched at the wrong tail.. I was expecting an Interface that I'm supposed to implement for the reader. At least I have found the ExternalReaderExample (written in Java), but the code didn'T help me because the interface used in the exmaple is unknown to me, maybe a proprietary or fictionary interface.

Can you get me on the right track?

Regards
    Mathias
    Last edited by mathias4u; 2009-05-16 at 11:38. Reason: Problem solved.

Regular Contributor

Re: External reader plugin for NFC reader (ACR122)

it will provide you NFC SDK Detail
    http://www.forum.nokia.com/info/sw.n...2_NFC_SDK.html

Contactless Communication API will be helpful for implementing

The Contactless Communication API is a Java™ ME optional package. It contains an API that allows applications to access information on contactless targets such as secure cards and NFC tags.

This API allows communication with external smart cards by providing them with a discovery mechanism. The actual communication with ISO 14443-compliant smart cards is done with APDU commands.

http://www.forum.nokia.com/Resources...Features.xhtml

The JSR-257 implementation provided in the SDK and Nokia 6212 classic phone includes extensions to support:
    Mifare Ultralight.....Sony FeliCa (nonsecured elements).

By cross checking the details of ACR122NFC

The ACR122 is a PC-linked contactless smart card reader/writer developed on the 13.56MHz Contactless (RFID) Technology and followed the ISO/IEC18092 Standard for Near Field Communication (NFC), supporting not only Mifare® ISO 14443 A and B cards but also NFC and FeliCa contactless technologies(http://www.acs.com.hk/acr122.php)

Hope Contactless Communication API will be helpful in implementation.

If you would not be forgotten As soon as you are dead and rotten either write things worth Reading or do things worth Writing
    Last edited by panmodi@gmail.com; 2009-04-28 at 23:12.

That's all correct but unfortunately your answer didn't help me. Of course do I use the JSR-257 Contactless Communicataion API. But this API is running within the emulated phone (of the SDK) and establishes tag conncections by using the emulated hardware of the phone. Think about the meaning of external reader. It has only something to do with the SDK itself and not with the API used by the phone. The SDK should be able to use the ACR122 in the same way as uses the Omnikey reader.

How does the SDK detect external readers? How to write a plugin for the ACR122?

I’m having the same problem, I got a external reader ACR122 and a Nokia 6212 classic, and I’m trying to "install" ACR122 in the Nokia emulator, but no success. I have installed eclipse-rcp-europa-winter-win32.zip and created a project with the files in the example "\S40_Nokia_6212_NFC_SDK\examples\NFC\ExternalReaderPlugins\ExampleExternalReaderPlugin" provided in Nokia SDK for 6212 classic. And I was having problems with the references, then i added a reference to the "NFCManager_1.0.0.jar" and my problem was solved. Then I tried to install it, copying the jar file created by the project to the plugins folder in 40_Nokia_6212_NFC_SDK\NFCManager, but nothing happened.

If someone already done a plugin for the reader ACR122, can u post it here plz?

Maybe I need to do same changes in the example "ExampleExternalReaderPlugin" but don’t know what to do, any help will be good.

Thx

The reader API is available within the NFCManager under /Nokia/Devices/S40_Nokia_6212_NFC_SDK/NFCManager/plugins/NFCManager_1.0.0.jar/com/nokia/nfcsdk/nfcmgr/readerapi

I will try to write a plugin. There is also a plugin.xml under /Nokia/Devices/S40_Nokia_6212_NFC_SDK/NFCManager/plugins/NFCManager_1.0.0.jar/plugin.xml which might have something to do with the problem.

Unhappy Re: External reader plugin for NFC reader (ACR122)

I have finished the Plugin for ACR122 :-)

Only increment and decrement operations are not implemented yet. Bad thing: the plugin does not start in the NFCManager. I don't know why.

Although the plugin appears as plugin in the NFC Manager, my Infobox-Frame (Swing) doesn't show up which indicates that the plugin has not benn started at all. The strange thing for me is that the NFCManager is a plugin itself in the list of plugins in the NFCManager at Help-->About Nokia NFC Manager-->Plug-in Details.

During the start of NFCManager the error message appears in the console:
    "Smart card communication error 0x80100017
    The specified reader is not currently available for use"

Can you help me?

Smile Re: External reader plugin for NFC reader (ACR122)

Hi,

I'm happy to announce that my plugin for the ACR122 Reader works with Nokia 6212 SDK since I updated the plugin.xml to use the right package.

You can download it from my server:
    http://www.ubuntuschneider.dnsdojo.o...Plugin_0.1.jar

Put the jar file to C:\Nokia\Devices\S40_Nokia_6212_NFC_SDK\NFCManager\plugins and start the Emulator or NFCManager directly. It should work directly. You can conncet the physical reader to the PC any time you want. The card can also be put and removed continously. The reader detection loop is triggered every 15 seconds whereas the card detection algorithm checks every 5 seconds for a new card or the removing of the card. Untill now the reder can only work with Mifare1k but the card detection algorithm is already implemented. It detects all types of cards and protocols but the implentaion for read/write in the concrete classes is not done yet. Since I provided the source code you might add the implementation for other cards as well if you like to. That would be nice, but let me now ;-)

I want to share my work with the community in order to support all those which already have a ACR122 Reader.
    Last edited by mathias4u; 2009-05-09 at 21:04.

Hi,

First of great plugin! The ACS SDK isn't very helpfull and I keep running into an unsatisfied link error when I'm trying to load the dll from a different package. Anyway the plugin seems to be loading but I'm getting the following error:

java.lang.NoSuchMethodException: JacspcscLoader.jSCardTransmit([I, acr122.SCARD_IO_REQUEST, [B, int, acr122.SCARD_IO_REQUEST, [B, [I)

I'm a bit lost on this as the call of the procedure and the params seem to match so I was hoping you guys have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

PS. is there any website or wiki with more information on the plugin?

BTW the ACSModule is part of the ACS 122 reader SDK.

Nokia Developer Expert

Hello bahgo,

PS. is there any website or wiki with more information on the plugin?
    Here goes couple of suggestions on Advanced Card Systems Ltd. web pages:

-FAQ: http://www.acs.com.hk/index.php?pid=faqs&id=6

-Technical Support: http://www.acs.com.hk/index.php?pid=support

Regards,
    r2j7
    [URL="http://library.forum.nokia.com/java"][B] >>> Java Developer's Library <<<[/B][/URL]
    [URL="https://www.developer.nokia.com/Resources/Support/Technical_support.xhtml"] [B]>>> Technical Support for Java ME development <<<[/B][/URL]
    [URL="https://publish.ovi.com/info/"][B]>>> Nokia Publish: reach millions of Nokia users worldwide through Nokia Store <<<[/B][/URL]

Hi r2j7,

Thanks for the references. I found that the website of ACS contains a lot of generic information but not a whole lot of specifics on the SDK's.

I resolved the earlier posted question be recreating the jar file. Again many thanks for the plugin!

Thanks!
    Last edited by bahgo; 2010-05-26 at 19:59.

I need sample class for vb or C # for the reader or your applets using this reader so I made a Windows application that uses this hardware.
    I have Touchatag reader and we are missing sample classes provided by the manufacturer ACR 122S.
    Please help ...
    Thank in advance.