Discussion Board

Super Contributor

[Announce] Customized Listbox on canvas for XM 5800

It is too late and I am too tired. But I think it is impossible to sleep before announcing the initial support for listbox on canvas for XM 5800. At this moment the listbox is ugly, scrollbars are far from desired and fonts need a lot of enhancements. But it is possible to use it like original listbox in your XM 5800, even with auto-rotation support.

Code is at wordmobi SVN. Two pics here.

To replace your listbox, just use _Listbox instead original Listbox (canvaslistbox module). set_list() will work as well. _Listbox is a wrapper for CanvasListBox, just for make this compatibility easier.

Next days I will improve the appearance and behavior, unfortunately my time has been really scarce in the last two weeks.

Marcelo Barros

Regular Contributor

Re: [Announce] Customized Listbox on canvas for XM 5800

Hi Marcelo!

I'm happily using your previous canvaslistbox (with icons) in two applications and it works mostly well. (I may have one or two patches later, if you accept them. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by marcelobarrosalmeida View Post
    It is too late and I am too tired. But I think it is impossible to sleep before announcing the initial support for listbox on canvas for XM 5800.
    Would it be possible to consider support for non-touchscreen devices too? Then developers could use one canvaslistbox.py without thinking about is the target device touchscreen or not.
    --
    Aapo Rista
    http://code.google.com/p/pys60gps/
    http://opennetmap.org/

Super Contributor

Hi

Quote Originally Posted by aaaaapo View Post
    I'm happily using your previous canvaslistbox (with icons) in two applications and it works mostly well. (I may have one or two patches later, if you accept them. :-)
    Nice ! Send me the patch or, if you want, I may give you access to repository and you make a branch.

Quote Originally Posted by aaaaapo View Post
    Would it be possible to consider support for non-touchscreen devices too? Then developers could use one canvaslistbox.py without thinking about is the target device touchscreen or not.
    Yes, for sure. I want to solve some problems before, like fonts and appearance. But I will have only one code at the end.

Marcelo

Super Contributor

Code is at wordmobi SVN. Two pics here.
    The link doesn't work any more, so got to check: is this the latest version (in wiki): http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.ph...images_support

Bit too long to make me feel comfortable using it, but I'm getting seriously frustrated with lack of functional built-in listbox with graphics support. I have applications to make, one way or another

Cheers,

--jouni who must have icons in listbox

Super Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by JOM View Post
    --jouni who must have icons in listbox
    I saw many problem when loading large images. If you start to load and resize large images, Python can not handle them properly.

I recommend pymgfetch. It was easy to integrate (use available zip) and simple to use.

http://croozeus.com/blogs/?p=1304

Super Contributor

I saw many problem when loading large images. If you start to load and resize large images, Python can not handle them properly.

I recommend pymgfetch. It was easy to integrate (use available zip) and simple to use.

http://croozeus.com/blogs/?p=1304
    My images are 48x48, so just a little bit zooming. Should be ok, I guess. PymgFetch cannot be used in my Kredit Exchange, want to show current name, value etc. info. However you gave me a totally new idea: I could use pymgfetch as sample and try to connect to "real" S60 listbox(es) !!!!!

Thanx,

--jouni