Discussion Board

Thread: HELP PLEASE

HELP PLEASE

Hi there i am new to J2me and i need help how do you write a source code to flip like back or front from one screen to another and so on?
    AND also is there anyway to excess the database inside a computer while using the emulator which is in the same pc as the database if there is could you please show me the source code PLEASE? Thank you very much

Regular Contributor

RE: HELP PLEASE

Hello,

1. If you mean fliping images, you can use DirectGraphics Interface inside Nokia UI API. FishTank is a good example demo how to flip images, you can download the source codes and related documents from Forum Nokia website.

2. MIDlets use RecordStore to save data inside a phone (more detailed information can be referenced from MIDP 1.0 javax.microedition.rms package). MIDlets can't access mobile phones' other memory space to store data. One solution to access the local database is to make the PC as a localhost webserver by using for example Tomcat and make a client-server application to access local database. As far as I know, there isn't any way for emulator to access the local database directly.

Regards,
    Kui