Discussion Board

Nokia Developer Champion

Preinstallation and multidrive support

Hi,

did anyone notice that when using the preinstalled applications on memory card, in the stub sis (PA) file has to be hardcoded the drive letter of the memory card? But with the multidrive support this does not make sense - on N96 installation fails as the memory card is here as the F:\ drive (the application installs, but does not appear in the menu).

Anyone has the solution for that?

BR
    STeN

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Preinstallation and multidrive support

An easy solution could be re-signing the application for drive f: - though that costs money.

Nokia Developer Champion

Re: Preinstallation and multidrive support

Hi,

Thanks for answer - it seems to be only solution. Having two versions for E: and F: is is quite O.K. now - even I dislike having two sis files just because of such small issue - but anyway it is not a general solution as there can be other device where the situation will be different - e.g. the MDS supports two memory card slots... I think that the the preinstallation should be object of change in the future release.

I am curious if the Forum Nokia Support has some trick for that, but I'm not sure it is worth to spend ~120EUR for asking

BR
    STeN