Discussion Board

About the nokia doc: A MIDlet Example Using the Wireless Messaging API ...

Hi to all,
    I have tried to implement the example explained on the nokia document: A_MIDlet_Example_Using_the_WMA_and_the_Nokia_SMS_API_v1_0.pdf

First of all there is a mistake in class OutgoingTextMessage.java page 37: it is used phoneNumber as attribute instead of address,
    so I suggest to change phoneNumber with address.

I put all classes into a package: example.chat, then I compiled with target 1.1 and at the end I have created the jar and jad file using the Nokia Developer's Suite v1_1_048.

I tried to execute the chat application usign the 3410 emulator but
    I have received the message "Neither WMA nor Nokia SMS API is available!".
    I have enabled the "exception" flag into configuration panel and
    the error shown is "ClassNotFoundException", below the trace:

Nokia 3410 SDK 1.0 <default>: Loading class 'example/chat/PhoneBook'

Nokia 3410 SDK 1.0 <default>: Creating class: 'example/chat/PhoneBook'

Nokia 3410 SDK 1.0 <default>: Initializing class: 'example/chat/PhoneBook'

Nokia 3410 SDK 1.0 <default>: Initializing class: 'javax/microedition/rms/RecordStore'

Nokia 3410 SDK 1.0 <default>: Initializing class: 'com/sun/midp/io/j2me/storage/MemRandomAccessStream'

Nokia 3410 SDK 1.0 <default>: Initializing class: 'javax/microedition/lcdui/Display'

Nokia 3410 SDK 1.0 <default>: Initializing class: 'com/sun/midp/lcdui/DefaultEventHandler'

Nokia 3410 SDK 1.0 <default>: Initializing class: 'javax/microedition/lcdui/Font'

Nokia 3410 SDK 1.0 <default>: Initializing class: 'com/sun/midp/lcdui/MIDLetMap'

Nokia 3410 SDK 1.0 <default>: Exception: java/lang/ClassNotFoundException

Nokia 3410 SDK 1.0 <default>: Initializing class: 'javax/microedition/lcdui/Screen'

Nokia 3410 SDK 1.0 <default>: Initializing class: 'java/lang/Integer'

Nokia 3410 SDK 1.0 <default>: Initializing class: 'javax/microedition/lcdui/Form'

Nokia 3410 SDK 1.0 <default>: Initializing class: 'com/sun/midp/lcdui/Resource'

Nokia 3410 SDK 1.0 <default>: Initializing class: 'javax/microedition/lcdui/StringLayout'

Nokia 3410 SDK 1.0 <default>: Initializing class: 'javax/microedition/lcdui/Item'

Nokia 3410 SDK 1.0 <default>: Initializing class: 'javax/microedition/lcdui/TextBox'

Nokia 3410 SDK 1.0 <default>: exit:0

Please, Any suggestion or idea to solve the problems?
    Why does it say that there are not present the nokia libs on 3410 ?

Thank u to all.
    Bye
    Stefano

Re: About the nokia doc: A MIDlet Example Using the Wireless Messaging API ...

yes even i got same problem

Re: About the nokia doc: A MIDlet Example Using the Wireless Messaging API ...

Hi,

Unfortunately I do not have this 3410 emulator here, but your error says that SMS API nor WMA 1.0 APIs are available on such emulator.

The solution is simple, try using a newer emulator where the WMA 1.0 is present, e.g., Nokia Prototype SDK - http://www.forum.nokia.com/info/sw.n...o_Edition.html

Best,
    Juarez Alvares Barbosa Junior - Brazil