Discussion Board

searching for bluetooth devices around you using kunerilite

I am doing a flash lite application that search for bluetooth device around me. Once, I give a list of top ten devices, I want to be alerted by beep sound whenever those listed devices are around. I am suppose to use flash lite. And I am using kunerilite for the bluetooth support. Is there any tutorial I can refer to or any hints?
    Thanks
    Last edited by fincode; 2009-05-04 at 19:54.

Re: searching for bluetooth devices around you using kunerilite

There is a tutorial which describes HOW TO CREATE A MULTIPLAYER GAME IN FLASH WITH BLUETOOTH SUPPORT. I also remember seeing a CHAT APPLICATION based on Bluetooth.. Search on those, you will get the info u require..

Also get the samples/examples at Kuneri's site..
    Twitter - manikantan_k
    Just in --

Nokia Developer Champion

Smile Re: searching for bluetooth devices around you using kunerilite

Quote Originally Posted by fincode View Post
    I am doing a flash lite application that search for bluetooth device around me. Once, I give a list of top ten devices, I want to be alerted by beep sound whenever those listed devices are around. I am suppose to use flash lite. And I am using kunerilite for the bluetooth support. Is there any tutorial I can refer to or any hints?
    Thanks
    I think it might be helpful :
    Kuneri Lite Bluetooth Chat
    And if u r not able to do it with Kuneri Lite, then i suggest u to make ur own http server using Flyer (written in python) and extend it with it (which means that u have to learn another language to complete this task may be C ++ or python) . . If u need any kind of help in extending flash lite using python, I will surely help u..

Best Regards,
    SajiSoft

Quote Originally Posted by sajisoft View Post
    I think it might be helpful :
    Kuneri Lite Bluetooth Chat
    And if u r not able to do it with Kuneri Lite, then i suggest u to make ur own http server using Flyer (written in python) and extend it with it (which means that u have to learn another language to complete this task may be C ++ or python) . . If u need any kind of help in extending flash lite using python, I will surely help u..

Best Regards,
    SajiSoft
    Thank you for replying!
    The thing is, I want to do it with flash lite with out learning python.DO u know how I can list top ten devices and be alerted by, beep sound ,next time those devices are around me?I want to write this in flash lite.

Thanks!

Nokia Developer Champion

Smile Re: searching for bluetooth devices around you using kunerilite

Quote Originally Posted by fincode View Post
    Thank you for replying!
    The thing is, I want to do it with flash lite with out learning python.DO u know how I can list top ten devices and be alerted by, beep sound ,next time those devices are around me?I want to write this in flash lite.

Thanks!
    Actually, flash lite is poor in Platform Services (that's y in 5th edition phone, a platform services Api is introduced),it is not possibble to do it without extending flash lite with either symbian c++ or python (and yeah might be j2me) .So , u have to learn other languages for detail platform services otherwise take a help of another language developer which can make it possible 4 u.

Best Regards,
    SajiSoft

@ Fincode,
    There is a method in Flash Lite using which you can create a local file. Its called localSharedObject. The logic i think u need to implement is -
    1. Everytime you start searching, add the set of Bluetooth neighbours to your localSharedObject.
    2. Now, search this list frequently or when u re-open your Bluetooth port and if you detect presence of a known neighbour, play the sound.

As you might know, other than 5800 XpressMusic , all other Flash Lite devices need help from lower level languages like Python or Sc++. Or go for Kuneri- Lite. If you use Kuneri, you need not know any other language
    Twitter - manikantan_k
    Just in --

Quote Originally Posted by manikantan View Post
    @ Fincode,
    There is a method in Flash Lite using which you can create a local file. Its called localSharedObject. The logic i think u need to implement is -
    1. Everytime you start searching, add the set of Bluetooth neighbours to your localSharedObject.
    2. Now, search this list frequently or when u re-open your Bluetooth port and if you detect presence of a known neighbour, play the sound.

As you might know, other than 5800 XpressMusic , all other Flash Lite devices need help from lower level languages like Python or Sc++. Or go for Kuneri- Lite. If you use Kuneri, you need not know any other language
    Thanks!
    I am checking stuffs on kuneri site. I might get it there!