Discussion Board

Unhappy problem regarding signing .sis file even have dev cert key ...its urgent plz

i have the dev cert file from developer forum ie by using publisher id i requested the certificate and got the certificate but when i use to sign my unsigned file by using
    signsis -o -s -v my.sis newname.sis my.cer my.key mypassword(enter))

it will show I/O error :unable to open the file
    plz guid me i m unable to sign and stuck to signing
    over two weeks ...

thanks

Nokia Developer Champion

Re: problem regarding signing .sis file even have dev cert key ...its urgent plz

Read error carefully, its give you a line number (I/O error (line number):unable to open the file) of .pkg where error is occured. check your .pkg file and find what that line says. You are missing some file to attach or path is wrong.

Re: problem regarding signing .sis file even have dev cert key ...its urgent plz

hey there is no package error ...its only giving that error ie I/O error cannot open and where i have to give the .pkg file in signsis we have to give the unsigned file with new name and the .cer and .key with password ...i donnot know where to give .pkg file...
    i m using s60_MR1 sdk for this .....

plz help me

Nokia Developer Champion

Oops its signing error. Check whether all files (my.sis,my.cer, my.key) is present at current directory??? Error gives any file name, like I/O error cannot open My.sis ??

Unhappy Re: problem regarding signing .sis file even have dev cert key ...its urgent plz

Hi mithlesh dwivedi here ,
    first of all thanks for the reply in the forum..

sir , i m giving the steps what i did for signing..
    1)get the publisher id
    2)obtain TCP tool and gettng .key and .cer
    3)then obtain the dev cert tool for generating .csr.
    4)uploading the file to symbian signed after getting register..
    5)downloading the file..
    6)now make a folder in which all the necesssary file needed for signing .sis ie .key ,.sis,.cer etc
    7)now signing with signsis then problem occurs ...

what can i do ..if m doing something wrong then plz guid me and if possible then plz give me complete detail for signing the sis file

m using s60 sdk one thing more m giving the simulator IMEI code presently as client want to view this on simulator also while loading on simulator my .unsigned file it gives error for installing the .unsigned ,file is corrupt ..

plz help

Quote Originally Posted by savaj View Post
    Oops its signing error. Check whether all files (my.sis,my.cer my.key) is present at current directory???

yes sir i have all those files on my directory ie
    1)unsigned .sis
    2)certificate by dev forum
    3).key
    4).csr

Nokia Developer Champion

Past the exact error message.

Quote Originally Posted by savaj View Post
    Past the exact error message.
    Sir , i have signed the my .sis file by gensis tool now when i try to install on emulator then it shows the message of incompatible to phone and then after message is given unable to install, component is build in....what can i do now to install in the emulator as i have given the IMEI code of emulator for signing the sis file ie 000000000000000 by default...

one thing more i debug my application on the emulator previously and it shows in the installed part in emulator when i delete my installed application it gives error unable to delete myapplication.

what can ido ??????

Nokia Developer Moderator

S60 3.0 and S60 3.1 have knonw problems with installing sis files in the emulator. If you are using one of these SDKs find the technical solution in the Forum Nokia Knowledge Base (wiki) and apply the patch. Then ensure that the SIS file is built for the WISNCW platform and that it is signed with a developer certificate enabled for use on a device with IMEI 000000000000000

You don't usually install SIS files in the emulator, the build tools automatically generate the files in the correct locations in the eumlator's file system as if they would be part of the ROM image. And of course, ROM based components cannot be deleted from whithin the emulator. To remove those files you can call "abld reallyclean" on your project, perform a Level 2 clean from Carbide or manually delete the files from Windows's file system. Then, once emulator's file system is clean you can attempt to install the SIS file if indeed that has any value for you.
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

sir where do i get the patch for emulator and to manually remove what can i do ....can i remove the group folder in build or something else ...As i go to carbide.c++ ver 2.0(open)-->project--ABLD->clean-->cleanexported
    but nothing can happened

thanks

mithlesh dwivedi

Try manually removing your files. Simply search for the filenames (like xy.exe, xy.rsc, xy_reg.rsc) you are going to deploy in epoc32, and delete them.

-- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

Quote Originally Posted by wizard_hu_ View Post
    Try manually removing your files. Simply search for the filenames (like xy.exe, xy.rsc, xy_reg.rsc) you are going to deploy in epoc32, and delete them.

hello sir as i m able to install my application in emulator and see the app icon but still i found a problem when i click on the app icon i got the error like

Menu :
    system error (-1)

As if i am running with carbide.c++ then application is running correctly..
    now what i m missing ..

thanks

mithlesh dwivedi

Sounds to me that one of the files needed by your project are no longer available, e.g. a DLL. Could it be that the file is generated when building the project (that's why ýou have it and the program runs after a build) but you have forgot to add it in the install package and that's why you don't have it after install?
    -- Lucian

Exactly, something is missing. Negative numbers: http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.php/Error_codes