Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

[Announce] GraphicsGenerator

Hi,

Last night, I decided to code something that I could use to generate graphics that I had been needing for mobile optimized websites. Finally, I came up with something that could just accomplish the job of generating patterns for me. I had been using a java tool (on pc) to do this earlier but now I can do this on my phone itself with the first version of Graphics Generator.

Basically, the software generates beautiful patterns (slide strokes for now) of the desired colour and latency (a parameter to interpret the pattern).

http://sites.google.com/site/nirpsis/graphicsgenerator

Features of GraphicsGenerator
    • Generates slide stroke patterns.
    • Supports all colours.
    • Support for random colours.
    • Supports 30 different patterns - all slide strokes.
    • Graphics generated can be saved.

The code sample for the application is also available, in addition to the install file.

You can download the application here.

Thanks to sites like Forum Nokia Wiki and croozeus.com for their tutorials, which helped me learn Python.

Super Contributor

Re: [Announce] GraphicsGenerator

Nice!

Some suggestions: please move "save" away from 1st menu item, I saved several pics without actually wanting to! "Start again" might be better as default item Also would be nice to skip the color selection each time, maybe a settings item or a keyboard shortcut for it?

Screenshots were very much better than what I managed to create, so maybe you could add guidelines how did you generate those?

Custom icon would be nice, too...

Thanx,

--jouni

Regular Contributor

Smile Re: [Announce] GraphicsGenerator

Quote Originally Posted by JOM View Post
    Nice!

Some suggestions: please move "save" away from 1st menu item, I saved several pics without actually wanting to! "Start again" might be better as default item Also would be nice to skip the color selection each time, maybe a settings item or a keyboard shortcut for it?

Screenshots were very much better than what I managed to create, so maybe you could add guidelines how did you generate those?

Custom icon would be nice, too...

Thanx,

--jouni
    Hi,

Save as first option was deliberate as people may want to save immediately. But it is different for different people.

Tips on graphics:

If you want strips take a lower value - ideal is 5. If you want clouds like in the screenshot take 7 to 10.

Also colours matter, some combinations look better than other. Like white and black; black and blue, depends on one's creativity as well. Next version will have changed background as well, right now only black.

Thanks.