Discussion Board

Exclamation Pleaseee help me

I have the source code for APS Server and I just need to change the sip server address. can somebody tell me the string to find the old server address???

Thankyou

Super Contributor

Re: Pleaseee help me

Quote Originally Posted by braimi View Post
    I have the source code for APS Server and I just need to change the sip server address. can somebody tell me the string to find the old server address???

Thankyou
    AFAIK the APS server has nothing to do with the sip server address, as it is just a wrapper to the sound device and used to bypass the VID related restrictions when streaming audio data. Check the wiki link here for more.

Cheers,
    Mayank

Thanks for the reply Mayank. If APS has nothing to do with the Server Address then can you please tell me that how the application is configured to send sip requests to a server?

I will be very thankful to you.

Regards
    RizKhan

Regular Contributor

Unhappy Re: Pleaseee help me

Thankyou

Hello Braimi,
    Please DO NOT use the generic subject line in ur post ...
    If u use subject line asking ur prob statement or something related to prob tech name .. it will be helpful for others toooo

Thanks and Regards

Super Contributor

Thanks for the reply Mayank. If APS has nothing to do with the Server Address then can you please tell me that how the application is configured to send sip requests to a server?

I will be very thankful to you.

Regards
    RizKhan
    You can follow the code at this link to get a better understanding of how the SIP registration request is created and bound to the server.

APS would come into picture when you start getting the RTP packets on the upstream and downstream to avoid the VID related issues mentioned in the wiki page. For a test SIP server you can download one from www.berkeke.com, they have an OnDO SIP server which would be useful for you.

You can setup a ethreal/wireshark lookup to capture the communication from the device to understand what packets are being sent out and recieved on the device to analyze if all is well.

Cheers,
    Mayank