Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

nsmldsprofilelistapi.h and SoundDevice.h cannot be opened

Hi All,

I have an application that had been developed on S60 2nd edition FP2 SDK.
    The application acts as an answering machine and makes use of nsmldsprofilelistapi.h and SoundDevice.h.
    Now, due to inavailability of the 2nd edition mobile phones for testing purposes, I thought of portin git to 3rd edition FP1 SDK. I went through the porting document available and did the corresponding changes.

But when I build the project, I get the followig errors:
    1) the file 'nsmldsprofilelistapi.h' cannot be opened
    2) the file 'SoundDevice.h' cannot be opened

If I comment these two included header files, it gives no build error. But, the functionality might get changed I fear.

I searched for the analogous API's in 3rd edition but I could not find much help.
    Can you please guide me through this as it is very urgent.

Thanks.

Re: nsmldsprofilelistapi.h and SoundDevice.h cannot be opened

Quote Originally Posted by sanah007 View Post

If I comment these two included header files, it gives no build error. But, the functionality might get changed I fear.
    Chk the api used from that .h file and their description if that is same then it will not change the behaviour

Super Contributor

Hi All,

I have an application that had been developed on S60 2nd edition FP2 SDK.
    The application acts as an answering machine and makes use of nsmldsprofilelistapi.h and SoundDevice.h.
    Now, due to inavailability of the 2nd edition mobile phones for testing purposes, I thought of portin git to 3rd edition FP1 SDK. I went through the porting document available and did the corresponding changes.

I searched for the analogous API's in 3rd edition but I could not find much help.
    Can you please guide me through this as it is very urgent.

Thanks.
    AFAIK those apis are now part of the SDK plug-in which can be obtained from here, the sounddevice.h is in the MMFDevSoundAPI, about the other .h I am not sure, but I have a feeling you will get it there.

Cheers,
    Mayank

Regular Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by pandhari.gorde View Post
    Chk the api used from that .h file and their description if that is same then it will not change the behaviour
    Thanx for the reply. But I didnt get what you said. Can you elaborate on this a bit.

Regular Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by mayankkedia View Post
    AFAIK those apis are now part of the SDK plug-in which can be obtained from here, the sounddevice.h is in the MMFDevSoundAPI, about the other .h I am not sure, but I have a feeling you will get it there.

Cheers,
    Mayank
    Hi Mayank, I did read through this API plugin doc before posting this. Actually, I am not aware where to download this plugin. Is it to be downloaded and unzipped inside the Epoc directory or somewhere else? And do I need to mention the path to this new plugin or let it be the same epocroot path to the S60 3rd edtion FP1 SDK that I am using?

Regular Contributor

Also, I am not able to track down anything about nsmldsprofilelistapi.h.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Such miracles are unlikely. If your code builds fine, you do not need those headers.

Super Contributor

Hi Mayank, I did read through this API plugin doc before posting this. Actually, I am not aware where to download this plugin. Is it to be downloaded and unzipped inside the Epoc directory or somewhere else? And do I need to mention the path to this new plugin or let it be the same epocroot path to the S60 3rd edtion FP1 SDK that I am using?
    Hi, for the SDK plug-ins you will download the entire extension plug-in to any place and then you can extract which ever .zip applies for you. For instance in case of SoundDevice.h, you can unzip the MMFDevSoundAPI, there you will get the epoc32 folder, where you will have a mmf folder, you can simply copy paste the things in that to epoc32/include in the Symbian folder of your computer. Similarly for the release folder at epoc32\release\armv5\lib in the unzipped thing you should paste it at that path i.e. iepoc32\release\armv5\lib'

For 'nsmldsprofilelistapi.h' I am not really sure what it does and where it comes from.

Cheers,
    Mayank
    P.S. in your earlier post you said you are able to compile the code by commenting these includes, if thats the case why do you want to have them?

Regular Contributor

Hi,

Thanx for the replies. I am able to build now. Added the plugin and now just working on creation of .sis file which is giving errors.
    Its pointing ot an error in the .pkg file :
    "Cannot find file: C:\Symbian\9.2\S60_3rd_FP1_3\Epoc32\data\z\resource\apps\AnswerSecond\AnswerSecond.rsc.
    File I/O fault

Actually in my application I have the following .rss files AnswerSecond.rss , AnswerSecond_caption.rss and AnswerSecond_reg.rss.
    In the .pkg file we specify the .rsc file path for only hte registration(_reg) file or for al the resource files also.

Also, Where can I see the .rsc file?

Thanx

Super Contributor

Well that means that the .rsc file hasnt been generated properly/or is missing from the path that you have mentioned.

Read this to understand more about the rss/rsc and other resource files. Also you can look for the .rsc file at the path mentioned, which is "C:\Symbian\9.2\S60_3rd_FP1_3\Epoc32\data\z\resource\apps\AnswerSecond\" in your case, if you dont see the file there then you need to check why its not there, is it getting created somewhere else/or is it getting created at all or not..!!

Cheers,
    Mayank

Regular Contributor

Hi thanx for a quick reply.

I could solve the .rsc error by modifying the source path of the file.
    Then I was also getting an file I/O fault error. Going through the console window I saw that there was an error: bad language count.
    I did some changes in the pkg file relating to languges, pkg header and vendor name n it worked. The .Sis file was created.
    However, i have not yet tested on the phone but hope it works fine there too.

Thanx again