Discussion Board

CameraEx Example for Qt

Hi all,

I recently downloaded and installed the mobile extensions preview 2 package for Qt. I'm interested in evaluating the camera functionality provided by Qt so I have built the CameraEx project found in the package. On transfer of the built application to the phone, the installation stops with the message "Requested Application Access Not Granted". Can someone tell me if this application, which requires the target capability MultimediaDD, must be signed with a developer cert.? That is, it will not work with self-signing.

Best wishes.

Regular Contributor

Cool Re: CameraEx Example for Qt

Hi,

MultimediaDD capability is not required to use the camera. In Symbian side, API reference docs for CCamera::NewL() states that

"The priority values (aPriority) of two [camera] clients are only compared if they both have the same MultimediaDD capability value. If one client has MultimediaDD capability and other does not, then the client with MultimediaDD capability will always be given greater priority, irrespective of the aPriority value."

In practice, you don't have to worry about camera client priority values - the native camera app. in S60 in kind enough to release the camera whenever it's in background, and doesn't try to 'steal' the camera while a 3rd party app has reserved it.

So, you can rebuilt the example code without MultimediaDD capability and self-sign it.

Re: CameraEx Example for Qt

Hi,
    Thanks for that reply,

I have rebuilt the example as you suggested, deployed to the phone and received the same warning. To test that I could deploy Qt software successfully, I built the Contacts example also, self-signed it, and deployed it to the phone. It worked without any problems.

I am now totally lost as to why I am having so much trouble accessing the camera.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Regular Contributor

If you get the same warning during installation, that means the changes you made to .pro file were not propagated to the executable, and the application is still using MultimediaDD.

Try making a clean build (Project -> Clean.. if you're using Carbide), then rebuild and recreate the sis file.

That worked
    Thanks so much!