Discussion Board

Hybrid View

Play RTP Streams in S60 3rd edition FP2

Hi,

My specifications is as follows:
    Installed S60 3rd edition FP2
    Added RTP Plugin.
    Carbide C++ 1.2

Currently I am into VOIP development. I am able to make a sip call from emulator to a softphone Kapanga, the calls get landed. I have set the audio codec as G711 and from wireshark trace I could find RTP Packets is being sent and recieved. I would like to know how to play RTP audio streams with the default audio player. Can I use CMdaAudioOutputStream class for this? Shall we need to decode the content before playing it?

If I want to send RTP data from audio mic, how can I do that?

Please help me to resolve this issue.

Thanks & Regards
    Neelima

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Play RTP Streams in S60 3rd edition FP2

You may want to check the RTP/RTCP API from the plugin pack (http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.php/SDK_API_Plug-in), and the example application which uses it.

Hi wizard_hu_,

Thanks for the reply.

Shall I need to use AudioProxyServer for playing RTP Streams? Can I play RTP streams in emulator or i need to check with mobile directly?

Please help me in this regard. If possible will you be able to provide a sample code. Can you please tell me which API's I need to use in this case ie Playing RTP streams recieved from a remote ip with the audio player

Nokia Developer Moderator

Unfortunately I do not know. In my imagination APS is not aware of the source of the audio data it plays, and the same thing could be played over a simple CMdaAudioOutputStream.
    But I do not know it for real.

Regular Contributor

APS has been deprecated since s60 3rd fp1 ,although it is still unofficially supported, and was replaced by VAS (Voice Audio Server) which is by far much more powerful. You can find VAS in the Voice Audio Serices plugin here http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.php/SDK_API_Plug-in along with a very self-explanatory documentation which not only explains VAS but also compares VAS to APS and it manifests clearly that they are not match.

CVoIPDownlinkStream gets its input from your mic by default and then use the call back function MVoIPDownlinkObserver::EmptyBuffer(CVoIPDownlinkStream*,CVoIPDataBuffer*) to allow you to process the packet inside which you use the RTP API to send your packets.

By the way I'm developing a similar application so you can keep us up with your progrss.
    Regards

Thanks for the info. I will look onto it.