Discussion Board

Examples don't build for GCCE

I've managed to follow the instructions here http://pepper.troll.no/s60prerelease...stall-s60.html against a S60 3rd Edn FP1 SDK on Windows Vista. I build the examples and demo in both gcce and winscw. The fluidlauncher works fine on Emulator but the gcce binaries aren't created. I think the Symbian C++ toolchain is OK because I can build the S60 Helloworldbasic no problems with GCCE.

The file.gcce is built in the \build\ folder, but the .o files aren't created in the /build/whatever/udeb folder, and of course neither are the exes.

1. Has anyone seen this before
    2. Is there any way to build just one of the examples (ie one by one) and get verbose output about what's happening?

Below is the sort of output I get from a GCCE build.
    perl -S ecopyfile.pl "\Symbian\9.2\S60_3rd_FP1\EPOC32\BUILD\Qt\qt-4.5.0-garden\examples\PAINTERPATHS_0XA000A64C\GCCE\painterpaths.rsg" "\Symbian\9.2\S60
    _3rd_FP1\EPOC32\INCLUDE\painterpaths.RSG"
    make -s -C \Qt\qt-4.5.0-garden\examples\painting\transformations -f "MAKEFILE_0XA000A64D.MK" TO_ROOT=..\..\..\..\.. EPOCBLD=..\..\..\..\..\Symbian\9.2\S60_3rd_
    FP1\EPOC32\BUILD\Qt\qt-4.5.0-garden\examples\MAKEFILE_0XA000A64D\GCCE TO_BLDINF=..\..\..\..\..\Qt\qt-4.5.0-garden\examples PLATFORM=GCCE MAKMAKE
    perl -S makmake.pl -D \Qt\qt-4.5.0-garden\examples\painting\transformations\TRANSFORMATIONS_0XA000A64D GCCE
    initialiseConfig: GCCE

Thank you
    Hamish

Re: Examples don't build for GCCE

Still not resolved this, but tried to build an example. The debug shows that its not picking up some of the files in the current directory. Very odd.

D:\Qt\qt-4.5.0-garden\examples\draganddrop\puzzle>make debug-gcce
    ABLD.BAT build gcce udeb
    make -r -f "\Symbian\9.2\S60_3rd_FP1\EPOC32\BUILD\Qt\qt-4.5.0-garden\examples\draganddrop\puzzle\EXPORT.make" EXPORT VERBOSE=-s
    make[1]: Entering directory `D:/Qt/qt-4.5.0-garden/examples/draganddrop/puzzle'
    Nothing to do
    make[1]: Leaving directory `D:/Qt/qt-4.5.0-garden/examples/draganddrop/puzzle'
    make -r -f "\Symbian\9.2\S60_3rd_FP1\EPOC32\BUILD\Qt\qt-4.5.0-garden\examples\draganddrop\puzzle\GCCE.make" MAKEFILE VERBOSE=-s
    make[1]: Entering directory `D:/Qt/qt-4.5.0-garden/examples/draganddrop/puzzle'
    make -s -C \Qt\qt-4.5.0-garden\examples\draganddrop\puzzle -f "MAKEFILE_0XEFCA8A00.MK" TO_ROOT=..\..\..\..\.. EPOCBLD=..\..\..\..\..\Symbian\9.2\S60_3rd_FP1\EP
    OC32\BUILD\Qt\qt-4.5.0-garden\examples\draganddrop\puzzle\MAKEFILE_0XEFCA8A00\GCCE TO_BLDINF=..\..\..\..\..\Qt\qt-4.5.0-garden\examples\draganddrop\puzzle PLATF
    ORM=GCCE MAKMAKE
    perl -S makmake.pl -D \Qt\qt-4.5.0-garden\examples\draganddrop\puzzle\PUZZLE_0XEFCA8A00 GCCE
    initialiseConfig: GCCE
    perl -S ecopyfile.pl "\Symbian\9.2\S60_3rd_FP1\EPOC32\BUILD\Qt\qt-4.5.0-garden\examples\draganddrop\puzzle\PUZZLE_0XEFCA8A00\GCCE\puzzle.rsg" "\Symbian\
    9.2\S60_3rd_FP1\EPOC32\INCLUDE\puzzle.RSG"

WARNING: Can't find following headers in User or System Include Paths
    "mainwindow.h"
    (User Inc Paths "\qt\qt-4.5.0-garden\examples\draganddrop\puzzle\tmp\moc\debug_shared\")
    Dependency list for "\Qt\qt-4.5.0-garden\examples\draganddrop\puzzle\tmp\moc\debug_shared\moc_mainwindow.cpp" may be incomplete

WARNING: Can't find following headers in User or System Include Paths
    "pieceslist.h"
    (User Inc Paths "\qt\qt-4.5.0-garden\examples\draganddrop\puzzle\tmp\moc\debug_shared\")
    Dependency list for "\Qt\qt-4.5.0-garden\examples\draganddrop\puzzle\tmp\moc\debug_shared\moc_pieceslist.cpp" may be incomplete

I suspect that the right libs have not been copied in/created as part of configuration, because I'm not seeing .dso files for QT in the SDK. Also, if I build a single example I might get an error like:
    arm-none-symbianelf-ld: \Symbian\9.2\S60_3rd_FP1\EPOC32\RELEASE\ARMV5\LIB\QtGui.dso: No such file: No such file or directory

Regular Contributor

Hi Hamish,
    just to ensure, you have build Qt for winscw and extracted the libraries for target builds from Qt\4.5.0-garden\qts60binaries folder?

Cheers,
    Jack

Hi Jack

Yes, I have built Qt for winscw, and I've built all the examples for winscw. I have installed the binaries for target builds onto the phone. What I think is missing is the LIBS/DSOs for the binary build - because the problem I have is that none of the examples are being built for GCCE.

So when I get to the step of creating the fluidlauncher sisx file it fails - because the necessary exes are missing.

So what do I need to do for the System to have/recognise the various Qt libraries?

Regards
    H

Regular Contributor

Hi Hamish,
    the libs and DSO:s are in QtS60binaries\qtlibs-4.5.0-garden.exe. So building for winscw, installing that exe and installing the sis file to your phone (for 3rd ed FP1 remember open C as well).

Cheers,
    Jack

Regular Contributor

For 3rd ed : qts60binaries\3.x\qtlibs-4.5.0-garden.exe

Jack

Hi Jack

Thanks very much. On re-reading http://pepper.troll.no/s60prerelease...stall-s60.html this is trivially obvious ...

Regards
    Hamish

I got the same problem - examples or any other QT application does not build for GCCE or ARMV5. For emulator (WINSCW) it builds and runs examples and own QT applications fine from Carbide and command prompt. I followed instructions from http://pepper.troll.no/s60prerelease...stall-s60.html.

I am using Carbide 2.0, 5th edition SDK and QT 4.5.0-garden.

Building for GCCE outputs following warnings every time its invoking abld perl script during build:
    Code:
    process_begin: CreateProcess((null), arm-none-symbianelf-g++ -dumpversion, ...) failed.
    process_begin: CreateProcess((null), arm-none-symbianelf-g++ -print-libgcc-file-name, ...) failed.
    process_begin: CreateProcess((null), arm-none-symbianelf-g++ -print-file-name=libsupc++.a, ...) failed.
    The actual error occurs during target build when invoking perl.exe -S ABLD.PL \Carbide_workspace\main_window\ target gcce urel. It cannot find main.o and other object files during the script:
    Code:
    [S60\devices\S60_5th_Edition_SDK_v1.0\EPOC32\BUILD\Carbide_workspace\main_window\MAIN_WINDOW_0xE9741F35\GCCE\urel\main.o] Error 2
    Same thing hapens with gcce udeb build.

Also ARMV5 builds fail to same problems. It cannot find main.o and other object files.

Janne