Discussion Board

Thread: IVR

IVR

hi
    I'm trying to create an IVR fro my final year project. To demonstrate it I'm hopping to use a nokia phone. I'm hoping to connect it to the PC using a data cable. So is there any phone which will support for DTMF tone detecting???
    thanks

Super Contributor

Re: IVR

Quote Originally Posted by anuradha12 View Post
    hi
    I'm trying to create an IVR fro my final year project. To demonstrate it I'm hopping to use a nokia phone. I'm hoping to connect it to the PC using a data cable. So is there any phone which will support for DTMF tone detecting???
    thanks
    The API's to send DTMF are available in Symbian C++, however the ones to recieve DTMF are not publically available and used to be part of platinum partner binary access kit. However what platform are you targetting? Also DTMF tones are generally transmitted over an active call, are you trying something else?

Cheers,
    Mayank

Re: IVR

hey thanks for the reply

Im using MS windows Telephony APIs to program the IVR . I tried with Nokia 6670. I connect it to the pc using a data cable . Then I start my call monitoring software. After that I took a call to my nokia 6670 phone. As I programmed the message box which is indicating the incoming call is popped out.
    Then I accept the call using that message box. But when I pressed a key from my calling phone(not the 6670,phone i took the call) the key should be detected. But didn't work and it gives me an error. That error says that the hardware is not supported for detecting DTMF. So I want to know is there any other phone which will support for DTMF detecting?? As far as I know the detecting of DTMF is depends on the modem of the specific phone. Unfortunately the 6670 has a data modem which does not support for DTMF detecting (please correct me if I'm wrong)

Thanks