Discussion Board

Question PAMP memory leak?

Hi All,

I have a symbian C++ application which uses PAMP as the server. It will keep running unless the phone is shut down. However, after a night running, the phone will give message said "Memory is full". Then I have to restart the phone to continue use the application. I was wondering is that the problem with the PAMP? Does any body else has this similar problem? If it is, how to solve this problem?

Thank you!

Nokia Developer Expert

Re: PAMP memory leak?

Quote Originally Posted by weileylee View Post
    I have a symbian C++ application which uses PAMP as the server. It will keep running unless the phone is shut down. However, after a night running, the phone will give message said "Memory is full". Then I have to restart the phone to continue use the application. I was wondering is that the problem with the PAMP? Does any body else has this similar problem? If it is, how to solve this problem?
    Yes, I have seen that behaviour. And it is a bit strange, considering that unless somebody is accessing the server, both Apache and MySQL should do nothing.

Currently, the only remedy is to restart the servers, but if the memory-full condition already has been reached, you probably can't do that. So, you need to do that before the condition is reached.

There are client libraries for both Apache and MySQL using which you can start and stop the servers, so you could write a small application that starts and then restarts the servers at regular intervals.

Br,
    Johan

Not exactly this behaviour, but I got an error with MySQL after doing N insertions. Maybe because memory problems.

At the beginning, I saw that after doing 800 inserts (64kb in table) in my table (I did 2 inserts per second with the GPS value), the table was not readable anymore, and the Python script was no able to insert values anymore.

I changed the INSERT SQL code to a REPLACE SQL code, to do a RoundRobin Database, so tha table is 50kb maximum, and, even it takes longer, it still crashes after N time.

Now I changed the code to do 1 insert per 5 seconds, to give some relieve to the server, and check during a whole night if it crashes or not.

I will also track the process in a text file, and I will do some statistics during some nights to see if I can figure out what can be the reason for the crashes.

I'm not related with the PAMP project, so don't expect solutions from me, but I wouold like to come with some tests if you want me to try.

Hi, weileylee.

I used FineWS 2.2 instead of PAMP.
    I bought it on http://www.o2litmus.co.uk/applications/finews-1.

They said that "So, many web applications under LAMP(Linux + Apache + MySQL + PHP) (for example phpmyadmin) can be used directly in FineWS 2.2.".
    So, I used phpmyadmin contained in FineWS 2.2.
    PHP version was also 5.2 such as on PAMP.
    But, they didn't provide mysql, so, I downloaded pamp_mysql_bin on http://downloads.sourceforge.net/pam...bin_1_0_2b.zip and installed mysql_1_0_2.sis, mysqlui_1_0_2.sis on my phone.

If you used PAMP, then I recommend start only mysql-server , but httpd.
    and run FineWS 2.2.
    Then you can see phpmyadmin. I think it is very stabile.
    It did not say "Memory is full".