Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

N97 MifConv 3.0.1

the MifConv.exe 3.0.1 in N97 SDk fails with my own project. It's not compatible with the older version in SDK 5.0.

I went over this by replacing the new with old mifconv from 5.0. Everything seems to work in emulator.

The question and worry is: Is this the right way to handle this situation? The same project should compile with sdks 3.1, 3.2, 5.0 and N97.

Hannu

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: N97 MifConv 3.0.1

The command line syntax for the new mifconv is slightly changed (you have to specify colour depths everywhere or something like that).
    A thing you can rely on is that bld.inf also get preprocessed. I tried that via adding a "#error asdf" into a bld.inf, and in return not only the fact of being preprocessed was revealed, but the command line for cpp.exe was also displayed, showing some header files automatically included (and the path for other includes).
    So you can definitely succeed with having two .mk files (for the old and the new syntax), and referencing them conditionally in the bld.inf.

Regular Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by wizard_hu_ View Post
    The command line syntax for the new mifconv is slightly changed (you have to specify colour depths everywhere or something like that).
    A thing you can rely on is that bld.inf also get preprocessed. I tried that via adding a "#error asdf" into a bld.inf, and in return not only the fact of being preprocessed was revealed, but the command line for cpp.exe was also displayed, showing some header files automatically included (and the path for other includes).
    So you can definitely succeed with having two .mk files (for the old and the new syntax), and referencing them conditionally in the bld.inf.
    OK, perhaps I shall wait the final release. N97's TU seems like working. The compass is the thing to wait for.

Hannu

Nokia Developer Moderator

Hi Hannu,

can you please post here the *.mk file that makes the call to mifconv ?
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite