Discussion Board

Generate pkg file

i am a newbie as far as mobile app. development is concerned. I have experience in c/c++ and java though. I got my hands on some sample code which i am editing using carbide.c++. the problem is that there is no sis folder in the project. so i am only able to build the code for running on the emulator. how can i generate the pkg file and the sis folder using carbide so that i may be able to build a sisx package for use on my mobile. Any help is greatly appreciated..thanks

Super Contributor

Re: Generate pkg file

Quote Originally Posted by ashwinkp View Post
    i am a newbie as far as mobile app. development is concerned. I have experience in c/c++ and java though. I got my hands on some sample code which i am editing using carbide.c++. the problem is that there is no sis folder in the project. so i am only able to build the code for running on the emulator. how can i generate the pkg file and the sis folder using carbide so that i may be able to build a sisx package for use on my mobile. Any help is greatly appreciated..thanks
    Just use Carbide.c++ templete to generate your project. it will create all files required.

alos try watching the carbide.c++ screen casts in wiki.

Super Contributor

Hi,

Carbide doesnt create a sis/install folder for you? hmmm..Why dont you create one for you!! Copy the helloworld application's pkg file and modify to your applications UID, exe name, resource name and so on.

Gotto Properties->Carbide c++->Build Configurations, choose the target and add the pkg file, mention the key and certificate and build the application for that target.

Carbide would create the sisx file for you..

- Priju

Super Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Priju Jacob Paul View Post
    Hi,

Carbide doesnt create a sis/install folder for you?

- Priju
    is there something i am missing ?

I am not creating a project using carbide. there are a few example tutorial projects supplied by nokia to help u learn mobile programming from scratch. in these projects, the sis folder is absent. i just import the bld.inf file and build the project, which doesnt create the sis file as the pkg file is missing..

Super Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by ashwinkp View Post
    I am not creating a project using carbide. there are a few example tutorial projects supplied by nokia to help u learn mobile programming from scratch. in these projects, the sis folder is absent. i just import the bld.inf file and build the project, which doesnt create the sis file as the pkg file is missing..
    in those cases you need to create them your self. But i suggest you get started with GUI applications before you go to advance applications like servers and consoles

Super Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by skumar_rao View Post
    is there something i am missing ?
    With some older versions of carbide i faced the same. But i think its fine now.

- Priju