Discussion Board

How encode images to video?

Nokia Developer Champion

Re: How encode images to video?

Quote Originally Posted by WoolF View Post
    Hello WoolF

seems to be a difficult question and to make it answerable please explain it a in a more proper way.

Regards
    Gaba88

Regular Contributor

Perhaps he means how do you take a bunch of jpgs and wrap them up into some king of avi / mjpg wrapper format? I don't know how to do this, but I'd like to learn. Could be a great way to create time lapse videos.

doubt that you can do this on the phone. you will need to transfer them to pc first and encode with some proper tool - like ffmpeg : http://ffmpeg.org/faq.html#TOC14, convert it to codec/container suitable for your phone and load movie back to phone.

Am also trying to do this, only that I want to make a series of pngs into a stream. Am using j2me. Am trying to decode the png images from my webcam which a uploaded through ftp on a folder in my local pc. Then i can view the series of images as a live stream. Currently it only works with one image at a time and i have to press the refresh button to load the most recent image. Any code snippet (well commented) would be appreciated as am new to j2me. Thanks guys!
    Last edited by phoenix_chi; 2009-05-29 at 11:25.

Super Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix_chi View Post
    Am also trying to do this, only that I want to make a series of pngs into a stream. Am using j2me. Am trying to decode the png images from my webcam which a uploaded through ftp on a folder in my local pc. Then i can view the series of images as a live stream. Currently it only works with one image at a time and i have to press the refresh button to load the most recent image. Any code snippet (well commented) would be appreciated as am new to j2me. Thanks guys!
    Since it's a Java matter, search the Java forum and if you can't find anything ask there.