Discussion Board

Eclipse + S60 SDK 5th v1.0 + J2ME eclipse plugin: Emulator problem

Hello.

(Sorry for my english)
    I'm a newbie in java and S60 development and I spent 4 hours trying to make SDK work and it doesn't.
    I'm desappointed (If Nokia wants new developers, they must simply the tools installation... and help the newbies on this forum :-) ).

I installed S60 SDK 5th v1.0.
    I installed Eclipse (unzip and copy to C:\eclipse).
    I installed Eclipse ME (in Eclipse, Help/Software Update/Available software/Add site).
    I installed Java Developer Library 3.2 Eclipse plugin (J2ME) (copy .jar in eclipse/plugins directory).
    I created a projet (File / New / Other / J2ME / J2ME Midlet).
    I added all .jar from S60 SDK 5th v1.0 (jsrxxx midpxxx wmaxxxx eswt iapinfo) to Referenced Libraries (right button on project name / Build path / Configure Build path / Librairies / Add external JAR).
    I configured Debugger (right button on .java application / Debug As / Debug configurations / Wireless toolkit emulator / name of .java application / Emulation / Specific Device / Group: S60 5th Edition v1.0 / Device: S60 Device).
    I tested S60 Emulator (Start / Programs / S60 Developer Tools / Emulator) and it works.
    When I run the application (F11 on .java), a window "SDK progress" opens. "Load user preferences", "Parse command", "Create jad file", "Resolve application name" work but I have an error "Zip exception" when "Create jar file".

The first time I used F11, the emulator launched (without the launch of the .jar) but, now, the emulator doesn't launch.

Config: Vista.

Any idea to launch the emulator ?

Thanks.

Fabrice ARES

Re: Eclipse + S60 SDK 5th v1.0 + J2ME eclipse plugin: Emulator problem

I convert the project to Midlet Suite (right button / J2ME / Convert...).
    The .jar is OK and the emulator is launched but I have an error Swi:Task failed 30472 on the emulator.
    Any idea ?
    Thanks.

Re: Eclipse + S60 SDK 5th v1.0 + J2ME eclipse plugin: Emulator problem

Hi,

I ran into a 'similar' problem. I had an "EclipseME" plug-in project and along the way I replaced it with its successor "Mobile Tools for Java". The only problem I was having was that when I wanted to debug the application on a real device all I got was a "Symbian error -10500".

I made a new MTJ project and copied all the (re)source files to it and what do you know... no more -10500 error... strange thing! Dunno if it will help you though...

Kind regards,

Jeroen.