Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

How does browser plays video from YouTube in buffered mode?

Hi,
    I understand that Google publishes videos in SWF format. I am trying to develop such video where if i give a link to browser e.g. www.foo.com/bar.swf , browser should play bar.swf in buffered mode. What happened so far with me is
    - I created a bar.swf and stored at www.foo.com so that it can be accessed via www.foo.com/bar.swf
    - But browser instead of playing in buffered mode, it downloads the full swf file and then starts to play.

Question is how to create swf file so that browser plays it in buffered mode?
    I read in some other threads that flv gets embedded into SWF file but i did not do this. I think swf file i have were created by converting MP4 file using ffmpeg tools.

Thanks
    Datha

Nokia Developer Champion

Smile Re: How does browser plays video from YouTube in buffered mode?

Quote Originally Posted by datha_k View Post
    Hi,
    I understand that Google publishes videos in SWF format. I am trying to develop such video where if i give a link to browser e.g. www.foo.com/bar.swf , browser should play bar.swf in buffered mode. What happened so far with me is
    - I created a bar.swf and stored at www.foo.com so that it can be accessed via www.foo.com/bar.swf
    - But browser instead of playing in buffered mode, it downloads the full swf file and then starts to play.

Question is how to create swf file so that browser plays it in buffered mode?
    I read in some other threads that flv gets embedded into SWF file but i did not do this. I think swf file i have were created by converting MP4 file using ffmpeg tools.

Thanks
    Datha
    I recommend u to use flash media server to stream ur flv(FLash Video) files instead of a general server.This article surely helps u :
    Flash Lite 3 AND FLV
    Moreover, u cant real stream youtube video files directly using flash lite 3.Take a look on this article:
    Youtube And Flash Lite 3
    and in the above article u found abt youtube video that:
    This is not really a streaming because there are some limitations to the FLV format we are going to download.
    But yes after the launch of m.youtube.com there seems to be a way to stream youtube videos as youtube provides 3gp over rstp. Take a look here :
    Youtube mobile launched
    Hope it helps u ..

Best Regards,
    SajiSoft

Regular Contributor

Re: How does browser plays video from YouTube in buffered mode?

Thanks sajisoft. I will definitely post my updates here.
    Datha