Discussion Board

GCalSync and Nokia 5800 XM (certificate error)

Hi,

I got my new 5800 XM last saturday. I've purchased one without branding. I've downloaded the corresponding Nokia PC Suite, connected my mobile with my PC and updated the software version of the mobile to the newest version, as the PC Suite recommended.

Things are fine thus far. I was able to install an app (Google maps) and I can use all functions of the mobile.

...except of course the one which is the most important to me: An app to synchronise my Google Calendar and the calendar of my mobile.

I'm trying to achieve this synchronisation with GCalSync, an OS software, which should be compatible with my mobile according to the website of this software:

Supported phones:
    any Series 60 Second Edition and later.
    When I connect to the website http://wap.gcalsync.com with my mobile, I get three download options:

* gcalsync signed (recommended)
    * gcalsync unsigned (alternativ, if the signed version doesn't work)
    * gcalsync für blackberry (not applicable)

Only the first two options are applicable for my mobile. But regardless which option I choose, I get this error:

Certificate error. Please contact the application provider.
    I've tried to find a solution for this problem and found a few things:

1)
    "Installation settings" -> "software installation" set to "all"
    "Installation settings" -> "online certficate check" set to "off"

Both settings are set, but don't change anything regarding this problem.

2)
    Change the time setting of the mobile to a date a few years in the past.

If I change the time setting to a date several years in the paste (2002 e.g.), an error message pops up during after the download process which states that the certificate is either not valid or the time setting of the mobile is wrong. If I change the date only by a small amount, the error message is the same like in the beginning.

The next step I've read about would be to sign the apllication package by myself, but that seems to be a rather complex procedure.

Is there another, more simple way to get around this problem?

Thanks for your help.

(Retired) Nokia Developer Admin.

Re: GCalSync and Nokia 5800 XM (certificate error)

Hi,

The problem is the signing for this application is incorrect, you really should contact the company. If there is no help there then you should ask this questioln on the product discussion area http://www.nokia.com/discussions/

Forum Nokia is just for device developers and you probably won't get a useful answer here.

Ron

HI ALL
    i have nokia 5800 and my maps on my phone does not work . when the maps opens the touch screen not working anymore.
    i need help.....

Nokia Developer Champion

Quote Originally Posted by mohannad aly View Post
    HI ALL
    i have nokia 5800 and my maps on my phone does not work . when the maps opens the touch screen not working anymore.
    i need help.....
    hello

i guess the link provided by RON in previous post applies to you also as you are in the wrong forum, this is a developers forum.

Regards,