Discussion Board

Question STUCK with imaginary image files

Help me please,

I'm a 5800 XM 'tube' user. Everything went well for a while, until I decided to connect my phone to a PC without PC Suite, and instead use the phone in mass storage mode.

I've deleted all image files in the memory card (the ones in the \Images\Backgrounds\).
    As the result, the files are no longer exist in the memory card, but still exist in the image list everytime I open the Gallery. The icon of the file is like music note, and when I tap it, all of them (actually 37 of them all) would have the same name, which is one of the title of my song in the Music folder.
    I can't delete them, I can't open them, in fact, nothing could be done to them. When I tried to do anything to them (like delete it), the icon will change into a 'key'.
    So I'm stuck with these imaginary files that the phone thinks that I have.

So my question is:
    How do I refresh the library of my Images like the way I refresh my Music Library? Isn't it suppose to be auto

refresh like in the real player file list?

I've tried to shut the phone down. No change.
    I've tried to remove the memory card and put it back again. No result.
    I've put back all the files like the way it used to be before I delete them. No can do.
    I've transfer all my images and videos to my PC (this time using PC Suite) and deleted all files in the memory card. And voila! the gallery only consists of 37 imaginary files.
    I suppose I have to format the memory card to be able to get rid of it, but is it true? What if after I format it, I get blank memory card of 8 GB with 37 imaginary files. Who knows?

Where is the file that consists of the list of the image files. If I delete the list file, will it solve the problem?

So, anyone with any suggestion, please help me?
    I know I can just ignore it, but isn't a phone as sophisticated as the 'tube' should do better than that?

Thank you.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: STUCK with imaginary image files

Welcome to the Forum Nokia Developer discussion board, as this DiBo concentrates on development related issues, you might find more end-user problems related Dibo better suited for your query. Here's link for one: http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/