Discussion Board

My very first Flash Lite Application for S60! :)

So I have created a neat little application for the Ovi Store. I used Flash lite, and I tested it out on my own phone, and it works like a charm. I've Packaged it so that it can be installed on a phone, and once installed, an icon links to the program.

So technical side of it... It's complete.

What I need to do now is copy protect it, using OMA DRM, and a whole list of other acronyms...

I've read something about Keys and certificates...

What are the next steps I will face before being able to consider this application done. My goal is to complete the techy work, and then sign up and pay the 50 euro to be a publisher.

Or do I have to sign up now, to get certain priviledges, that allow me to go the rest of the way?

I've never made a phone application before. However, this one is pretty awesome. I've put a lot of work into it, and now I need to figure out what I have to do next.

Any advice?

-Greg

Super Contributor

Re: My very first Flash Lite Application for S60! :)

There is nothing you can do for copy protection for Ovi Store.

All you can do is through the publishing system to Ovi Store mark the file for OMA DRM forward-locking (there is no other copy protection provided by Ovi Stoee).

Note also that there are different packaging methods for S40 and S60 phones. Note also that the devices supported by Ovi Store will have different screen resolutions, different versions of Flash Lite, and some have no keypad/keyboard at all (like the touch-screen 5800). In other words, you should test your application on many different kinds of phone models, or you will not know if it really works on those or not (testing on one model - your own phone - is not a very reliable way for knowing which phones your application will work on).

Thats some pretty good advice, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by petrib View Post
    There is nothing you can do for copy protection for Ovi Store.

All you can do is through the publishing system to Ovi Store mark the file for OMA DRM forward-locking (there is no other copy protection provided by Ovi Stoee).

Note also that there are different packaging methods for S40 and S60 phones. Note also that the devices supported by Ovi Store will have different screen resolutions, different versions of Flash Lite, and some have no keypad/keyboard at all (like the touch-screen 5800). In other words, you should test your application on many different kinds of phone models, or you will not know if it really works on those or not (testing on one model - your own phone - is not a very reliable way for knowing which phones your application will work on).

So it is safe to say... That I need to create the alternate resolution swf files to work with as many nokia devices as possible. Use a detector to detect the resolution to know which swf file to pick. Once that is done, OMA DRM forward lock all the SWF files using NMIT and then bundle it with the packager into the appropriate SIS and NFL packages.

Once that is done...

Certify the SIS and NFL files via Symbian Signed... And then I'm set to rock and roll right?

Super Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by grogosaur View Post
    So it is safe to say... That I need to create the alternate resolution swf files to work with as many nokia devices as possible. Use a detector to detect the resolution to know which swf file to pick. Once that is done, OMA DRM forward lock all the SWF files using NMIT and then bundle it with the packager into the appropriate SIS and NFL packages.

Once that is done...

Certify the SIS and NFL files via Symbian Signed... And then I'm set to rock and roll right?
    Hi,
    On Ovi DRM is applied during download to users and by selecting the DRM flag on upload to the store. S60 FlashLite is Symbian signed. S40 NFL are uploaded not signed by symbian.

Outside Ovi,other websites you do your own DRM using NMIT.

NFL Similar discussed at http://discussion.forum.nokia.com/fo...&highlight=NFL

in Flash Lite discussion board
    http://discussion.forum.nokia.com/fo...play.php?f=172

and FN Wiki Flash Lite Category where you will probably find everything you need for developing Flash Lite
    Jim
    Last edited by jimgilmour1; 2009-05-23 at 05:01.

Thank you Jim, that was very helpful.