Discussion Board

Question new to Python - cannot find location of install files

Hi All

Apologies if there is an existing thread with the answer to my really basic question. I searched the forum but couldn't find the answer.

I've installed Python to Nokia N79 via remote device access at http://apu.ndhub.net/. The installation seemed to work ok - it is listed in the Application List on the phone.

However, next I want to copy the a set of scripts (Flyer scripts) to test them - these are scripts developed to work with Flash Lite 2.1 applications. The instructions I am following say to:
    Move the Flyer_1_0_35.py script and lib folder from your PC to that
    'Python' folder using the USB cable or Nokia PC Suite
    I can't find where Python has installed to so I can't figure out where to copy the files to. I tried copying the files to a folder of my own creation and then I tried to Open the .py file but opening it just viewed its contents.

Can anyone tell me where I cam going wrong?

Any assistance or relevant URLs, greatly appreciated!

Regards

Ellie.

Super Contributor

Re: new to Python - cannot find location of install files

Hi and welcome to the forum.

The location of the Python directory depends on which version of PyS60 you installed. Version 1.9.0 and later creates the folder in C:\Data (or E:\Data for memory card) and you can see it using the normal file browser. It should be among the folders shown when you open the file browser. Versions upto 1.4.5 put the directory in C:\ (or E:\ for memory card). If it's on C you can only see it using a special file browser such as YBrowser or FExplorer.
    Last edited by bogdan.galiceanu; 2009-05-22 at 16:29. Reason: E:\Data instead of E:\

Smile Re: new to Python - cannot find location of install files

Thank you Bogdan. I looked in all of the locations you described. I'm guessing I can't view the folder and I'll need to use one of the programs you suggested. Thank you so much. This is a great help!

Regards

Ellie.
    Loving the Learning!

Nokia Developer Expert

Re: new to Python - cannot find location of install files

Quote Originally Posted by ellieelectrons View Post
    Thank you Bogdan. I looked in all of the locations you described. I'm guessing I can't view the folder and I'll need to use one of the programs you suggested. Thank you so much. This is a great help!

Regards

Ellie.
    Loving the Learning!
    Hope you have also installed the Python Script Shell. This is the application that creates the script directories and enables you to run the scripts placed under them. 1.4.x -> [c:\python, e:\python] & 1.9.x [c:\data\python, e:\data\python]