×

Discussion Board

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19
  1. #1
    Regular Contributor
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    320

    How to send Sound file using GPRS?

    Hi friends,
    I want to send the Sound file to the GPRS server. Does any body have idea? Should I make it to binary & then send it through XML? If yes then How to convert file in Binary? Or is there any algorithm is present for implementation or API is there to work on this?
    I have successfully transfer the data to server. Should I add the sound file in XML format so that it will go to the server?
    Waiting for your reply.
    Thanks in advance.
    Regards,
    Life is Short..... Live it with Positive Attitude...

  2. #2
    Nokia Developer Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Lempäälä/Finland
    Posts
    29,166

    Re: How to send Sound file using GPRS?

    you would actually just read it to a buffer (like HBufC8) for example with RFile, then you could use socket or HTTP examples as a base for the actual sending code.

  3. #3
    Regular Contributor
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    320

    Re: How to send Sound file using GPRS?

    Quote Originally Posted by symbianyucca View Post
    you would actually just read it to a buffer (like HBufC8) for example with RFile, then you could use socket or HTTP examples as a base for the actual sending code.
    Hi Yucca,
    Thanks for your reply. Do you mean to say that the way we send data to server same way we have to send sound file? No conversion is needed for that.
    Life is Short..... Live it with Positive Attitude...

  4. #4
    Super Contributor
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Bangalore,India
    Posts
    2,146

    Re: How to send Sound file using GPRS?

    You will have to convert the audio file into a buffer and then you can send that buffer like any other data, see this link on how to convert audio to buffer:-

    http://library.forum.nokia.com/index...doc/index.html

    Once you have the buffer i.e. HBufC you can use HTTP and send the data out, or if you want you can also think about a SOAP based webservice if you please.
    Cheers,
    Mayank

  5. #5
    Nokia Developer Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Lempäälä/Finland
    Posts
    29,166

    Re: How to send Sound file using GPRS?

    mostly the same, though if you are having problems with the binary data (like it having some bytes that causes problem on the receiving side), then I would auggest that you use Base64 encoding for the audio buffer before sending it to your server.

  6. #6
    Regular Contributor
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    320

    Re: How to send Sound file using GPRS?

    Thanks Mayank & Yucca for your valuable reply.
    Life is Short..... Live it with Positive Attitude...

  7. #7
    Regular Contributor
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    320

    Re: How to send Sound file using GPRS?

    Quote Originally Posted by symbianyucca View Post
    you would actually just read it to a buffer (like HBufC8) for example with RFile, then you could use socket or HTTP examples as a base for the actual sending code.
    Hi Yucca,
    Can you please help me in reading a file using RFile & converting it to HBufC8?
    Life is Short..... Live it with Positive Attitude...

  8. #8
    Super Contributor
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Bangalore,India
    Posts
    2,146

    Re: How to send Sound file using GPRS?

    The readfromfilel function is what you need from the wiki link

    http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.ph..._writing_files
    Cheers,
    Mayank

  9. #9
    Regular Contributor
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    320

    Re: How to send Sound file using GPRS?

    Quote Originally Posted by mayankkedia View Post
    The readfromfilel function is what you need from the wiki link

    http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.ph..._writing_files
    Thanks Mayank for your reply. I have converted the sound file to HBufC8 & now 1) Can I send this HufC8 converted data to server? or 2) Should I make encoding using Base64? or 3)Should I use convertL function of CMdaAudioConvertUtility class?

    Please help me in this regard because this is my first attempt to do this?
    Waiting for your reply.
    Thanks in advance.
    Regards,
    Life is Short..... Live it with Positive Attitude...

  10. #10
    Super Contributor
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Bangalore,India
    Posts
    2,146

    Re: How to send Sound file using GPRS?

    You can use the http example that can be downloaded from forum nokia and try with the HBufC most of the times it should work without any encodings, if it doesnt then you should be thinking about other bits. Do you have the server infra ready to accept the image sent by the client?
    Cheers,
    Mayank

  11. #11
    Regular Contributor
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    320

    Re: How to send Sound file using GPRS?

    Quote Originally Posted by mayankkedia View Post
    You can use the http example that can be downloaded from forum nokia and try with the HBufC most of the times it should work without any encodings, if it doesnt then you should be thinking about other bits. Do you have the server infra ready to accept the image sent by the client?
    No. Still not. Does there we have to make conversion of HBufC data of sound file?
    I got one link from wiki where they have mentioned the 64bit encoding & decoding then is that I have to use?
    Regards,
    Life is Short..... Live it with Positive Attitude...

  12. #12
    Super Contributor
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Bangalore,India
    Posts
    2,146

    Re: How to send Sound file using GPRS?

    Well the server surely has to have the capability to convert back the buffer into an audio file, you can google for any standard server implementation. As for from the client side there are plenty of links some of them could be :-

    http://www.newlc.com/en/topic-5364
    http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.ph...part/form-data
    http://developer.symbian.com/forum/t...essageID=77311
    Cheers,
    Mayank

  13. #13
    Regular Contributor
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    320

    Re: How to send Sound file using GPRS?

    Quote Originally Posted by mayankkedia View Post
    Well the server surely has to have the capability to convert back the buffer into an audio file, you can google for any standard server implementation. As for from the client side there are plenty of links some of them could be :-

    http://www.newlc.com/en/topic-5364
    http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.ph...part/form-data
    http://developer.symbian.com/forum/t...essageID=77311
    I am taking the HBufC8 data into the database file & then sending request through HTTP PostL method.
    Once I send the data then whose responsibility of the conversion of data? Is it done by server side or I have to make code for that?
    Life is Short..... Live it with Positive Attitude...

  14. #14
    Super Contributor
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Bangalore,India
    Posts
    2,146

    Re: How to send Sound file using GPRS?

    While sending all the resonsibility lies with the client side implementation, while recieving the responsibility is for the server to be able to handle the data as long as you have sent it in the correct POST format as detailed in the links.

    Please give the examples/code in the links a try and then ask questions, coz without implementation you would not be clear of the entire picture.
    Cheers,
    Mayank

  15. #15
    Regular Contributor
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    320

    Re: How to send Sound file using GPRS?

    Quote Originally Posted by mayankkedia View Post
    While sending all the resonsibility lies with the client side implementation, while recieving the responsibility is for the server to be able to handle the data as long as you have sent it in the correct POST format as detailed in the links.

    Please give the examples/code in the links a try and then ask questions, coz without implementation you would not be clear of the entire picture.
    Ok thanks mayank, Once I finish up the code while sending the data to the server, I will send u code if any error occurs. Now I am doing that code only.
    Life is Short..... Live it with Positive Attitude...

Similar Threads

  1. Possible to send file via SMS?
    By ivanxqz in forum General Messaging
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 2009-12-13, 22:28
  2. Error : Cannot find file : for DUMMIES
    By PACALA_BA in forum Symbian
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 2008-07-06, 13:18
  3. Problem with pyobfuscate
    By JOM in forum Symbian
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 2008-06-20, 22:47
  4. [announce] PyUIQ. Python for UIQ 2.1 and 3.x
    By OscarBernabeu in forum Symbian
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 2008-01-17, 09:12
  5. Send file from device to PC using OBEX
    By kaiten-sushi in forum Symbian Networking & Messaging (Closed)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 2007-02-12, 15:52

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
×