Discussion Board

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Regular Contributor

Http connection using J2ME URL working on emulator but not on the Real Device

Hi to all,
    I have developed the J2ME application for playing the audio and the video content on the mobile device,for this device need to download the audio and video content from the webserver(Tomcat 5.5) to the mobile device via the internet,for this application i'm able to download the Jar file via internet but unable to downlad the audio and video using the same server,can I have any suggestions regarding this? I have tested the this application using N 95 and Nokia 5310.
    Thank You.

Re: Http connection using J2ME URL working on emulator but not on the Real Device

Is it signed application? Have you added HTTPConnection API permission in jad file?

Regular Contributor

Re: Http connection using J2ME URL working on emulator but not on the Real Device

Hi,first of all Thanks a lot for the reply,
    This application is not a signed apllaication,but coming to the JAD file I have mentioned the permission like this:MIDlet-Permissions: javax.microedition.io.Connector.http and my URL from the Tomcat webserver is like:http://localhost:8080/path/audio12.wav,(I have placed the audio file in the webapps folder of the tomcat),in the place of localhost i have mentioned the IP adress to acess the internet on the mobile,I also placed the jar file and the JAD file in the web apps folder,for this i'm able to download the Jar by mentioning URL like:
    MIDlet-Jar-URL: http://localhost:8080/path/filename.jar,but unable to donload the audio and video content for the real device,for emulator it's working.
    Thank You.

Super Contributor

Thumbs up Re: Http connection using J2ME URL working on emulator but not on the Real Device

have u check the internet settings of ur device. Might be the problem of GPRS settings. Also check the network settings in App Manager(for nokia device). Whether it is set to allowed or not allowed. Also Please mention the exception if any comes during creating connection..
    thanks,
    jitu_goldie..

KEEP TRYING..

Is it throwing any exception on devicev side?
    Last edited by techendeavour_abhijeet; 2009-05-26 at 06:36.

Regular Contributor

Hi,
    As far as internet connection and device settings are considered every thing is ok,I have a doubt regarding i'm able to download the jar from the same server (if the device and internet settings are not correct,i think i may not be able to download the jar also(as far as my knowlegde)),I need to know whether any special settings needed to download the audio and video content from the internet to mobile device,is the fault with content I have provided(I'm using the wav(for audio) and mpg (for video)),for delivering the audio and the video content from the server to the mobile device is there any permissions required from the network operator side,I need these suggetions,Shall we send our own content from the webserver to the mobile device through internet without need of any settings from the internet providerside?.
    Thank You.

Regular Contributor

ya its throwing the javax.microedition.io.Exception.

Super Contributor

Thumbs up Re: Http connection using J2ME URL working on emulator but not on the Real Device

Quote Originally Posted by kpvrlakshmi View Post
    ya its throwing the javax.microedition.io.Exception.
    Please check the HTTP RESPONSE CODE. Whats that. Is it OK ie 200.
    thanks,
    jitu_goldie..

KEEP TRYING..

It might be some data buffer problem that you r downloading, How r u downloading data? what chunk size you have given? Check exact exception using exception.printStackTrace(). try to download small chunk data. Add log on you code. Check, from where your code is throwing exception.

Regular Contributor

I have mentioned the URL Like: http://Ip:8080/path/audio12.wav in J2Me code,how to provide the data downloading in terms of chunks,can u provide the example for this one?.
    Thank You.

Super Contributor

I have mentioned the URL Like: http://Ip:8080/path/audio12.wav in J2Me code,how to provide the data downloading in terms of chunks,can u provide the example for this one?.
    Thank You.
    Still u dont give the answer of my previous post.
    Well, did u check the response code for connection. whats the response code??
    thanks,
    jitu_goldie..

KEEP TRYING..

Regular Contributor

Response code:
    java.io.IOException-34
    Thank You.

Super Contributor

Response code:
    java.io.IOException-34
    Thank You.
    Im not talking about the error code.
    Use this to check response code..
    int code = connection.getResponseCode();
    now check and mention the value of code here..

If response code is 200 then that means that the connection make is OK. Then might be there is some problem with stream or data not with the connection..
    thanks,
    jitu_goldie..

KEEP TRYING..

Regular Contributor

Response Code is: 200,but getting javax.microedition.media.mediaException on N70.
    Thank You.

Super Contributor

Response Code is: 200,but getting javax.microedition.media.mediaException on N70.
    Thank You.
    MediaException - Thrown if a Player cannot be created for the given DataSource.
    java.io.IOException - Thrown if there was a problem connecting with the source

check and reply. Else post ur code here..
    thanks,
    jitu_goldie..

KEEP TRYING..