Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

Installation completed on device but software is not opened

Hi all,

I created a sample application using qt for s60 and it works well in emulator. I created sis file and transfered to my device and tried installing and that also works wel.. Problem is installation completed successfulle but it is not opened. When i tried to open, nothing comes. no error, no output. Help me to solve this if anyone knows.

Thanks in advance..

Regards,
    Bala

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Installation completed on device but software is not opened

Quote Originally Posted by BalajiR View Post
    Hi all,

I created a sample application using qt for s60 and it works well in emulator. I created sis file and transfered to my device and tried installing and that also works wel.. Problem is installation completed successfulle but it is not opened. When i tried to open, nothing comes. no error, no output. Help me to solve this if anyone knows.

Thanks in advance..

Regards,
    Bala
    This might help you understand the error better http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.ph...ded_panic_code

Regular Contributor

Hi,

I am not getting any error. I had built in emulator successfully. and expected output came in emulator.

also installed properly in my "mobile device". But When i run the application in my device it is not showing anything. It is like as if i didn't open that. no error, no output and nothing...

Thanks & Regards,
    Bala

Quote Originally Posted by BalajiR View Post
    Hi,

I am not getting any error. I had built in emulator successfully. and expected output came in emulator.

also installed properly in my "mobile device". But When i run the application in my device it is not showing anything. It is like as if i didn't open that. no error, no output and nothing...

Thanks & Regards,
    Bala
    Exactly!! IF you read the article a little more carefully, you will find that you can enable extended panic code to device as well, which will help you get more useful info on what is going wrong.

Just to point out which particular paragraph you are missing:

On the device, you should create a zero-sized file ErrRd (no file name extension) under the directory c:\resource\. You can use a file explorer application (for instance, FExplorer) to create the file, or if none is available, use a signed sis file. In case you don't want to use ErrRd, then you could also use Y-Tasks Crash monitor.

You can obtain a prebuilt sis file from here (file signature updated, valid until 2018)
    Refer the above link for more details:

Super Contributor

Have you got any warning during installation? like: "Component 'QtLibs pre-release' missing. continue anyway?" . Have you installed qt_libs_armv5_udeb.sisx (from C:\Qt\4.5.0-garden\qts60binaries\3.x OR D:\Qt\4.5.0-garden\qts60binaries\5.0) on your device?