Discussion Board

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Item no longer available

Hi all,

Sure this is going to fill up now Ovi is live,

I've got our game on Ovi, on the publishing web portal all seems fine, but when viewing from a device or the web all i get is a message saying Item is no longer available.

I did have 2 pending builds under the content piece, but 3 where passed and said to be published to 1 channel.

I have removed the pending builds to see if this helps but was wondering while I wait if anyone else has any ideas as to why it would be no longer available.

Cheers

Re: Item no longer available

We have the same problem, item no longer available when trying to download our apps via the store. Please let us know whats going on Nokia?

Super Contributor

I suspect that Nokia people are hacking at the system like idiots, trying to get it working before the month ends (only three and a half working days to go - two and a half if you assume they will launch on Friday).

Expect the entire system to be screwed, and expect no reply from Nokia, until the service launches.

I'm afraid Ovi is a classic case of "mouth first, brain later". Typical of companies with top-heavy management structures and marketing departments who only want to write "bullet points" and then walk away when it comes to figuring out the details.

Graham.

Super Contributor

Thumbs down Re: Item no longer available

Quote Originally Posted by spectra1 View Post
    We have the same problem, item no longer available when trying to download our apps via the store. Please let us know whats going on Nokia?
    This is *BAD NEWS*. Some of us have posted and emailed to say "This be another "N-gage launch". Personally held on to the hope that this will all work for the buyers and users because in the long run this will damage the store. Why do they start these massive projects in 230 countries when they cannot serve even Europe and India at the same time.

Some on else who has a memory of the n-gage times started the thread
    http://discussion.forum.nokia.com/fo...ghlight=n-gage. This post sums the whole thing up.

Jim

Thumbs down Re: Item no longer available

I have the same problem. My app, Phonelocator, was available on the store this morning but now when you search for it and click on the link you get the message "Sorry this item is no longer avaiable"

Super Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by alexbirkett View Post
    I have the same problem. My app, Phonelocator, was available on the store this morning but now when you search for it and click on the link you get the message "Sorry this item is no longer avaiable"
    Hi,
    Just tested this and found this fine. The user *MUST* be signed in to find the item using the "Search" (top right) anyway http://store.ovi.com/search?q=Phonelocator is link to you app. Not being logged in gets "Sorry this item is no longer avaiable"

Good luck.
    Jim

Cheers for all the input.

I have been getting response from the Ovi guys which is good.

If anyone else has the problem , one reason can be that a phones firmware is not up to date....lot of use that is though...

Another reason they gave was if there was pending items under the content piece, which is a bit strange aswell , what happens if you add a new build for a handset, does the entire thing go down while that is under pending?

My problem has changed a bit now though, I had 2 unused builds and 3 published ones, I tried unpublishing the unused ones (they where just sitting in a failed qa state) and now the entire app has disappeared from the store.

Anyway, will keep plugging away at it and let you all know how it goes.

Oh yeah I tried creating an account to see if that helped.

Now the entire store front doesn't load in mozilla, and when i go to log in with explorer it does the same thing....just one big blank white page

Fun,fun ,fun

This seems to be happening to Nokia's own N-Gage games in Ovi Store, they come up in searches but if you click on them they aren't available.

That does imply that they know about the problem, but that they haven't fixed it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by jimgilmour1 View Post
    Hi,
    Just tested this and found this fine. The user *MUST* be signed in to find the item using the "Search" (top right) anyway http://store.ovi.com/search?q=Phonelocator is link to you app. Not being logged in gets "Sorry this item is no longer available"

Good luck.
    Jim
    Thanks for your post, Jim. I've tried logging to the ovi store but phonelocator is still awol. Do you have any ideas why? Did you manage to access the Phonelocator page?

Maybe the Ovi Store is failing to recognise that an app is available for the device you've selected?

A lot of these "unavailable" games appear in searches when I set the Ovi Store website to "all devices", but none of them appear if I choose a particular device.

Quote Originally Posted by themetesting View Post
    Maybe the Ovi Store is failing to recognise that an app is available for the device you've selected?

A lot of these "unavailable" games appear in searches when I set the Ovi Store website to "all devices", but none of them appear if I choose a particular device.
    Thanks for your message too! I've tried selecting Nokia 5800 and N95, both of which are supported (S60 3rd FP1 and S50 5th). No joy! Can you see phonelocator?

Another day, more fun...

Ok for one, I've been getting lots of replies from nokia on how to fix this, I would say they havent been the most useful replies but they where replies.

My problem is no longer the 'item no longer available' bug, once i clicked unpublish on one of the builds, it took the entire app off the store, so a big word of warning for anyone who might click on that button.

Now ive been stuck for the last 2 days trying to get it back on the store, but it turns out when 1 item is unpublished, all builds need to be unlocked, and then resubmitted through QA to get them back up.

So I'll tell you in the next couple days if I'm back on the job of the 'item no longer available' bug.

Another point that I thought of through all this is, what happens if you want to add a new build to the group. Does the entire thing have to come down to put up 1 new build?

Also quite annoyed that the unpublish button doesnt have a big 'DO NOT TOUCH' warning on it, or more so that you cant just delete unwanted items.

Owell, ill keep my story posted on here as it goes anyway

Super Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by chops1 View Post
    My problem is no longer the 'item no longer available' bug, once i clicked unpublish on one of the builds, it took the entire app off the store
    FN14: Data Deletion

The application must indicate whether data will be permanently deleted or offer easy reversal of the deletion.
    What a good idea...

Ok,

Still not happy.

I resubmitted the content piece to QA, which didnt take too long thankfully.

except the unpublished builds are still sitting there pending. I think this is becasue they cant be relocked, effectively nuking the entire content item if you unpublish one build, and put anything else back through QA.

Any one have any input on this?

Very close to starting an entire new Content item.

And other than that the same build which passed QA before was now failed, thats a small problem that I'm not even going to go into now but.