Discussion Board

Exclamation OVI is not safe to use

A few collegues and me registered on Ovi to use the sync function for our contacts.
    We use in our Company a Proxy based Internet Access, intern we got all different IP's but all the same extern static IP.
    It happened when my collegue and i logged at the same time in to our accounts and synced. We had after this ALL contacts in our Mobile. He got mine and also i got his. This is a big security leak.

I also saw today that softwaremarket switched over to ovi store, not smart when everything we saw from ovi is not even secure.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: OVI is not safe to use

If I would find such a security leak I would make sure to analyze it, report it to the service provider and give them time to address the issue. After the issue has been addressed I might indeed go to a public forum, maybe not this one though, and let people know how smart (or maybe lucky) I have been. Have you contacted Ovi's support team with your finding?

As for Ovi Store let's wait until we have a reason to complain. Or be proactive, test the store intensively and let the Ovi team know if you find any problems.
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

We tested it now as well at home. 2 PC's connected to the Router WRT54GL.
    As long we are both logged in to Ovi, we get our Contacts mixed up when we sync.

BTW: OVI Store is sh*t, bring back the old Softwaremarket.
    Its DAMN slow, overloaded with unneeded Flash Scripts, the Mobile selection is annoying!

Super Contributor

In both cases, you apparently used two different computers?

When you logged in to Ovi, did the welcome message/greeting addresses you correctly on both PCs with the accounts you used to log in?

What username do you see on the device in the Sync profile after provisioning?

Quote Originally Posted by petrib View Post
    In both cases, you apparently used two different computers?

When you logged in to Ovi, did the welcome message/greeting addresses you correctly on both PCs with the accounts you used to log in?

What username do you see on the device in the Sync profile after provisioning?
    Ok, we tested it.
    After Login i see my own, as well for my collegue. After refresh i see sometimes my own or his login. Same goes for him.
    Still when i log out, he can still see my login till the cookies gets deleted