Discussion Board

No responses, no updates and lot's of questions!

Nokia..... I know it's hard to get things going with OVI, but now that you have launched it, can you comment on:

1 - Why our app (CorePlayer Mobile) has been sitting idol with no reply to our questions within the submitted app 'comments' section, for over 2 months now.
    2 - How we can hand off serial numbers to purchased applications (or do we make a new version just for Ovi and assume its safe)
    3 - How you are handling requests for refunds
    4 - How you are handling reinstalls, ie are the purchased applications transferable from device to device? and if so how many?
    5 - How about major version upgrades that require a discounted price?

Please advise in this thread, or email me: dmarlin AT corecodec DOT com

Regular Contributor

Re: No responses, no updates and lot's of questions!

Hi, we are kind in the same situation, app sits in QA for ~30 days.. however yesterday i click on the SIS file and found a comment:

Failed Case 1: Download/Install/Launch/Delete Summary: If the user tries to install the application, then the user notices the message ” Unable to install”. Requirement: Download, install, and run the content. Steps to conduct the test: 1. Download and install the content using appropriate methods depending on content type via OTA, Cable install, and etc… 2. Select the downloaded content and launch the content. 3. Run through the content to ensure that it runs without any errors. Expected Results: The content is installed and launched properly. The user was able to run the content without any errors

there were no notifications about it.

(Retired) Nokia Developer Admin.

I'll try to get some answers for this.

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by minstn View Post
    Failed Case 1: Download/Install/Launch/Delete Summary: If the user tries to install the application, then the user notices the message ” Unable to install”. Requirement: Download, install, and run the content. Steps to conduct the test: 1. Download and install the content using appropriate methods depending on content type via OTA, Cable install, and etc… 2. Select the downloaded content and launch the content. 3. Run through the content to ensure that it runs without any errors. Expected Results: The content is installed and launched properly. The user was able to run the content without any errors

there were no notifications about it.
    I had the same. I changed the extension of my file from sis to sisx and the file was accepted...