Discussion Board

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Sales reports?

Regular Contributor

Sales reports?

Hi,
    When my application passed QA i got a mail with the following text:
    "When [application name] is published, statistics are gathered and you can check your item's statistics after a couple of days. Go to: https://publish.ovi.com/content_items/reports/[application number]"

Now that link is dead, any idea how do i get reports and see how much did my application sell?

Thanks.

Re: Sales reports?

Hi Dudi -- it looks like that URL has an unnecessary "s" at the end of "report" -- try the following URL: https://publish.ovi.com/content_items/report/[application number]. (You should also see a link to the "Report" tab at the top of each content item in the Publish system which will take you to the same URL.)

Ryan

Regular Contributor

I tried removing the 's', I receive the following error:
    "Unfortunately, you do not have enough permissions to access this address."
    That's weird because I have a "Cp manager" role, I didn't know that as manager I'm limited in any way.
    Also, I don't have the "Report" tab that you've mentioned.

Let me research this a little further and I'll report back to you. Thanks for your patience!

Ryan

I have the similar problem. Two weeks ago the "reports" tab was there then it disappeared. Looks like it is a general problem, but the good thing is that they are working on it.

Regular Contributor

Let's hope that there is a problem with the reports because our sales figures are too big to be contained in the regular reports

Super Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by dudi View Post
    Let's hope that there is a problem with the reports because our sales figures are too big to be contained in the regular reports
    Then you should also contact your bank and ask them to increase the size of your account so that it can hold all the money that will be coming in.

Hi all -- I've done some digging around and have some additional information: stats/reporting has been taken offline temporarily while some minor adjustments are made to that part of the system. You can expect it to be available again within a week.

Ryan

I still cannot see the Reports tab... Is it still offline? If so, when should it be back? An update would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Any time frame about getting the Reports section up and running will be really great here. We've been distributing apps via Ovi for the past few weeks since it was launched but without any ability to track any information at all about sales. I believe this is somewhat vital for us to plan our development road ahead to have some kind of figures to know how to plan our men power and projects but without this we have no clue..

Any word will be greatly appreciated here.

I don't have a specific timeframe to report just yet, but I'm working on getting more details so I can report back. The best I can offer at this point is "soon". I'll keep this thread posted.

Ryan

I'm hoping it's soon as we have daily meetings where we discuss "sales" from all of our mobile stores and I'm sort of sounding like a broken record saying it's still not available.

Regular Contributor

I'm in the same boat. We're trying to get funding. Everyone here in the US can't process anything other than "iPhone this" and "iTunes that", and we're trying to prove that our product on OVI (with 180 million devices) is as viable as iPhone (15 million devices).... and not having numbers is killing us.

(P.S. If any publisher wants to step up and fund our development team: www.myrmx.com - Our "preview" version has 110k installs and a quarter-million song donwloads - plus OVI - with only $50 for marketing. )

The fact that reporting is still missing is really becoming a growing problem for us :/ We need to make decision that will direct our future development between different platforms but without any ability (whatsoever) to review sale statistics we are really left behind with details that are vital for us..

If someone can share any additional details on this it will be really great help!

The situation with missing reports is becoming to be very annoying. it has been nearly 10 days now without sales reports.

The Ovi store is turning day after day less functional than what we expected. Many publishers are having daily problems with missing reports, strange QA failures without exaplaining what's wrong, poor support. Things need to be improved quickly, as now it seems that we are still in an alfa-version of the store.