Discussion Board

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Sales reports?

Re: Sales reports?

Any updates with this???

Quote Originally Posted by OviRyan View Post
    Hi all -- I've done some digging around and have some additional information: stats/reporting has been taken offline temporarily while some minor adjustments are made to that part of the system. You can expect it to be available again within a week.

Ryan
    Are there any news about this issue. My Cp manager account on Publish to OVI does still not have the Report tab!!! From what I know you should have access to reporting as a cp manager? Or does it takes a premium members or smililar that I'm not aware of?

Please advice!

ldef

Regular Contributor

Bumping this thread.

(Retired) Nokia Developer Admin.

I apologize for the delay in responding. There was a problem and the reports tab has been temporarily disabled but will be back up in the next few weeks.

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by ldevf View Post
    Are there any news about this issue. My Cp manager account on Publish to OVI does still not have the Report tab!!! From what I know you should have access to reporting as a cp manager? Or does it takes a premium members or smililar that I'm not aware of?
    ldef

Thanks Ron for the information but I'm not sure what to make of it.

Having to wait a couple of more weeks for our sales reports seems to be totally unacceptable. I get this feeling that Nokia isn't being serious about operating a store and this doesn't help matters much at all. The entire point of selling content is to know how much money your making if your media campaigns are working etc.

Hopefully you meant to say a couple of more days!

Regular Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by zoovision View Post

Having to wait a couple of more weeks for our sales reports seems to be totally unacceptable. I get this feeling that Nokia isn't being serious about operating a store and this doesn't help matters much at all. The entire point of selling content is to know how much money your making if your media campaigns are working etc.

I completely agree with zoovision. We've already waited several weeks (almost a month) and no sales report tab.

I hope Nokia has people working on this on weekends, as this is the #1 issue with Ovi right now, the 2nd being how slow the QA and publishing to Ovi is... Very disconcerting.

Exclamation Re: Sales reports?

Quote Originally Posted by zoovision View Post

Seconded. A couple of weeks is completely unacceptable. Even though the first payments won't be made until the end of the third quarter, waiting that long for the sales details is way too long. The agreement has a section on maintenance, but that is for the system being unavailable for days at most, not weeks.
    Sander van der Wal
    www.mBrainSoftware.com

Quote Originally Posted by svdwal View Post
    Seconded. A couple of weeks is completely unacceptable.
    Of course it is unacceptable no one likes it. I don't want to give you false hopes I think you would be much angrier if I did that.

Ron

There must be a reason for the reports not showing:

1. Nokia had all kind of problems to begin with and maybe the sales data was lost/not working properly, hence they wait few weeks so it is compensating.

2. The sales are so low that just make Nokia want not to show them in order not to spoil the store and company image.

3. There is something really unprofessional about how this store is maintained and developed, the programmers are really unprofessional.

Either of the reasons above (and there might be some others) Nokia should at least invent a proper one. It is not acceptable (if they want to have a successful product) to ignore everybody or keep saying "Wait".

To Ron: you won't give everybody false hopes, Ovi Store will.

Emil

I will report the displeasure shown becuase of the delay.

Ron
    Last edited by Nokia Ron; 2009-06-19 at 18:58.

Regular Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by emilache View Post
    There must be a reason for the reports not showing...
    Let me suggest another reason that may be cynical, but less concerning: Nokia (marketing) want to be the ones controlling the initial release of store.OVI statistics in PR. (Not debating if it's justifiable or not.)

So far there's been very little in the way of download statistics released - I've only seen one blog/poll, which had near-meaningless numbers. However, when it was picked up by other news sources, the misinterpretation of the statistics was predictable and very favorable for Nokia. Not that I think there's anything wrong with that.

Quote Originally Posted by emilache View Post
    2. The sales are so low that just make Nokia want not to show them in order not to spoil the store and company image.
    One reason why I think this isn't the case, or at least not the case why download stats aren't available, is that none of us publishers have any idea how many downloads we've had. It would be very easy for Nokia to game their download numbers - i.e. add an artificial 50% or ~10,000 downloads to every free download.

A good place to start would be some basic communication with all of us publishers. We would be much more understanding if the issues were explained to us with some sort of firm timeline laid out. But right now we don't have a clue how things are going and if we should invest more resources into releasing products on Ovi.

I really believe that Ovi can be a success for both Nokia and us Publishers but we are going to have to work together to make it happen.

Regular Contributor

Having to wait so long for the sales reports is really disappointing.

What is even more disappointing is the way the publishers have to practically beg and nag to receive answers regarding the status of such issues.
    If the publishers would have been a larger community like Nokia's end costumers (device purchasers), we would have never been treated with so much delay and a state of incommunicado. Nokia needs to understand that the publishers/developers are a key for adding a lot of revenue.

All we are asking is a little of respect. R-e-s-p-e-c-t.

I wonder, does anyone know, when the iPhone AppStore was launched, how long did it take till the sales reports were available for the developers?

Quote Originally Posted by dudi View Post

I wonder, does anyone know, when the iPhone AppStore was launched, how long did it take till the sales reports were available for the developers?
    About 20 days.
    App Store was launched on July 11th, first sales data became available on July 30th.

Any updates with the sales reports???