Discussion Board

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Sales reports?

Re: Sales reports?

Crystal ball

thanks

Regular Contributor

Unhappy Re: Sales reports?

I also don't see any sales after July 15th for 'Wyrmgard RPG', but I barely had any sales before that. Given that I'm still unable to purchase the app. myself (or any other app.) I don't think it's surprising

When I select the buy button I get to re-enter my password and then I always get the error 'Unable to connect to server. Please try again.'. I have tested on both N85 and N82 and ALWAYS get this error. This has been going on for weeks now How are customers supposed to purchase my app. ???

Same situation here....We have not registered any sales after July 15, for several items that were showing some movement before that date....Starting purchases toady via different devices to see whether is a matter of platform not registering sales.

no sales shown since 15th of July as well - waiting for official word by Ovi team on this.

Super Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by pjohnsen View Post
    I also don't see any sales after July 15th for 'Wyrmgard RPG', but I barely had any sales before that. Given that I'm still unable to purchase the app. myself (or any other app.) I don't think it's surprising

When I select the buy button I get to re-enter my password and then I always get the error 'Unable to connect to server. Please try again.'. I have tested on both N85 and N82 and ALWAYS get this error. This has been going on for weeks now How are customers supposed to purchase my app. ???
    Hi The ordering process seems fine on my N95 firmware for for 'Wyrmgard RPG',(firmware version by entering *#0000# )21.0.016.
    This comes from the support discussions about firmware upgrades.
    here

this may be the case with the N82 with the last firmware being the v31 firmware. are you running the v31 firmware now? if not, see if you can update your phone to this firmware. if you are running the v31 firmware, and are having battery problems, i must ask, have you performed a hard reset of your phone after you upgraded the firmware? lots of users have battery problems, that are resolved once a hard reset has been performed after a firmware upgrade. i can attest to this myself after having upgraded my N78 and not performing a hard reset, the battery life was dramatically reduced.
    most recent being V31.0.016 09-12-08. RM-313. Nokia N82 (05.01)

Recently spend days/weeks investigate a problem with connecting to RTP streams on Java ME, even borrowed a N73 and a N82 on a trial.
    They both worked and suprise,suprise the owner of the n73 upgrade firmware and hard reset his N82. Now they both work no more server errors.
    I am not sure this is the problem but if you load the latest version of Nokia PC Suite and run this on your phones the software will tell you if you need this upgrade. You might say the developers of the OVI client should support old versions. My question is were do you get an *OLD* phone from ie low revision firmware from,you cannot buy one from a shop!.

I added firmware checkers into a program and this just annoyed the users because they said I should have told them before ie "(find firmware version by entering *#0000#)",before they downloaded. The Ngage client platform was plagued
    by these problems,now they check for revision of firmware put up a message about possible problems as a result of firmware problems and carry on.

My SIM is pay as you go Orange.co.uk my phone is an unlocked version.

You could try buying a second hand "cheap" N95 phone that is out of contract as there are quite a lot available then try using the N95, or even find some one who would "loan" you an N95 for you to load the client and test.

finally what credit cards are listed, *DEBIT* cards are not listed, and how do I get that 16 digit number in every time correctly!.
    Jim

Regular Contributor

Thanks for the tip. Trying the remove battery trick on N85 now. On the N82 I changed product code in order to get the Chinese language pack (for testing the Chinese localization of the game), so it has pretty new firmware .. I'll give it another try after the N85.

So my N85 has:
    SW ver: 20.175, date: 06-04-09, Language set 003. When I check for updates on the phone itself it comes back with no updates found.

I removed the battery but still get the 'Unable to connect to server.' error after re-entering my password. I was using wifi to connect ...

Trying with 3G instead ... ahhh now something happened .. had tried using 3G instead of wifi before but also got the error back then .. so didn't think that could be the problem.

Just gonna try the N82 as well ... V 31.0.016, 09-12-08 .. taking of the battery as well

N82: Wifi .... also fails with 'unable to connect to server' after re-entering password
    N82: 3G ... also fails

Maybe I just got lucky on N85 ... giving it another try ...

N85: Wifi ... failed
    N85: 3G ... working

At least it looks to be consistent on N85 now. Giving N82 one last chance

N82: Wifi ... failed
    N82: 3G ... failed

Hmmm ... I hope you can understand my concern. If a person like me who is working with phones and phone sw every day is having this much trouble buying an app .. how the **** are normal users gonna be able to purchase apps. I'm crossing my fingers that I've just been unlucky with my particular devices/connections, but I'm very concerned about this.

Regular Contributor

Sales reports are working again. Thanks Eric.

Super Contributor

Thumbs up Re: Sales reports?

Quote Originally Posted by pjohnsen View Post

N85: Wifi ... failed
    N85: 3G ... working

At least it looks to be consistent on N85 now. Giving N82 one last chance

N82: Wifi ... failed
    N82: 3G ... failed
    Try copy the N85 3G Access Point (AP) to the N82 3G (AP) profile.
    Delete the Wifi profile from the phones reboot/power off the router so that DHCP is forgotten. Reconnect to the WLAN router probably using the WLAN router serial # as a WEP router password and clear the cache and cookies from your phones.
    Seems like an access point problem as N85/3G works.

Glad reporting works now. In the U.K. we are deeply in recession, the high street are empty

Good Luck
    Jim

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456