Discussion Board

Red face Help!how can i call off the payment

I don't know regist publisher must be company,so i just paid registration fee with VISA card ,please help,how can i call off the payment!

Super Contributor

Re: Help!how can i call off the payment

Until/unless you get someone form Ovi Publish to reply, you could call your bank or VISA to cancel it before you pay the VISA bill.

Super Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by hhows2000 View Post
    I don't know regist publisher must be company,so i just paid registration fee with VISA card ,please help,how can i call off the payment!
    They probably wont let you join as you dont have a company VAT ID, and hopefully wont process your VISA
    Jim

(Retired) Nokia Developer Admin.

Quote Originally Posted by hhows2000 View Post
    If there is a charge we will refund it on notification. Please be patient but write to
    PublishToOVI.support@nokia.com

I don't know the English rules but in the USA you can register as Doing Business As and use your personal Tax ID number for that company.

Ron

Super Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Nokia Ron View Post
    I don't know the English rules but in the USA you can register as Doing Business As and use your personal Tax ID number for that company.
    You can do the same in the UK. We'd use the expressions "self employed" and "trading as", and there is no need for specific registration.

The popular impression seems to be that a publisher needs to be an incorporated entity, not an individual.

However, you are saying that I can publish as an individual, provided I have a website and email address on my own domain (say, "www.grahamhughes.com", using my social security number ("national insurance number" in the UK) as my tax ID.

I'm sure a large number of people would appreciate some clarification on that point.

Cheers,
    Graham.

(Retired) Nokia Developer Admin.

Quote Originally Posted by grahamhughes View Post
    The popular impression seems to be that a publisher needs to be an incorporated entity, not an individual.
    This is not 100% clear yet but the last word I heard this was meant to be worded if you are a business then enter the businesses Name and Tax ID If not your individual's name and Tax ID. The point there needs to be some entity to report income and earnings.

I haven't read the exact wording but I expect it to be legalese.

Ron

It’s not your national insurance number they want it’s your Tax ID, which on your self assessment tax return is labelled tax Reference at the top of the first page usually a ten digit number.
    if your VAT registered this will be your VAT ID but they are the same thing.

You need to registered as self employed to get this number, Nokia needs it so they can assure the people they pay tax to, that the money they hand over to you isn’t going into a black hole, also to further establish your identity and help protect ovi customers from unscrupulous people/companies

Super Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by 21n9 View Post
    It’s not your national insurance number they want it’s your Tax ID, which on your self assessment tax return is labelled tax Reference at the top of the first page usually a ten digit number.
    Have you registered successfully as a publisher this way?

Yes I have, that number is your tax ID

Super Contributor

Thanks for sharing that, I'm sure a lot of UK developers will be happy to know that!

Graham.

Hi hhows2000 -- as Ron said the best method is to e-mail PublishToOVI.support@nokia.com. I'm guessing you've already done that, but if you haven't (and/or haven't heard anything back yet), please PM me your business name and e-mail address as entered during your registration... I can check on the status for you and ensure your request is processed.

Ryan

My business name is sayatoo,Email is sayatoo@163.com,Please Check.Thank you very much!