Discussion Board

Problems installing Qt for s60

Hi,

I've gone through the 'Installing Qt on S60' document (here), but cannot get past a certain point.

I've installed Carbide C++ v2.0
    I've installed S60 Platform SDK 3rd Edition FP1
    I've installed Open C/C++ for S60 3rd Edition

I'm not sure what environmental variables are needed so did not set anything other than defaults for all installations

I added the extra file getexports.exe for S60 3rd edition SDK, but not the pips_nokia_1_3_SS_sis as I have a Nokia 5800 which is 5th generation - is this correct?

I've uncompressed the Qt Garden package into the following folder: -
    C:\Qt\Qt\qt-embedded-s60-commercial-src-4.5.0-garden
    S60 SDK is also installed on C-drive.

When changing the PATH variable there are User variables and System variables, unfortunately I deleted the User PATH variable so I copied the System PATH variable into the User PATH variable so they match: -
    C:\Program Files\Nokia\Carbide.c++ v2.0\x86Build\Symbian_Tools\Command_Line_Tools;C:\Program Files\CSL Arm Toolchain\bin;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symbian\Tools;C:\Perl\bin\;C:\Program Files\PC Connectivity Solution\;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;C:\Program Files\Intel\DMIX;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\;c:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\100\Tools\Binn\;c:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\100\DTS\Binn\;C:\Qt\Qt\qt-embedded-s60-commercial-src-4.5.0-garden\bin

I ran the 'Configure environment for WINSCW command line' program

I configured Qt for S60 by entering both of the following lines into a command prompt: -
    Cd \Qt\Qt\qt-embedded-s60-commercial-src-4.5.0-garden
    configure -platform win32-mwc -xplatform symbian-abld

I then installed the qts60binaries\3.x\qtlibs-4.5.0-garden.exe into my S60 SDK root directory: -
    C:\Symbian\9.2\S60_3rd_FP1\

This is as far as I can get! Any attempt to build Qt for the emulator by entering 'make debug-winscw' into the command prompt is met by the following output: -
    C:\Symbian\9.2\S60_3rd_FP1\epoc32\tools\make.exe: *** No rule to make target 'debug-winscw'. Stop.

Can someone point me in the right direction here as this is doing my head in!

Cheers,

Northers.

Nokia Developer Champion

Re: Problems installing Qt for s60

Hi,
    I think there is an error while configuring the Qt as you are getting the error during the make command. Try to reconfigure the Qt. Also check that you have set your path variable.

Regards.
    Jajal Mehul

Super Contributor

Re: Problems installing Qt for s60

You might missing environment variable. check this .pdf for more details.
    http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.ph...nd_line_errors