Discussion Board

Thread: TAT Kastor UI

Post TAT Kastor UI

Dear Nokia support Team,

I have a Nokia N95 8GB (N95-2) phone, and I would like to know that will Nokia integrate Kastor or any kind of effects in N95 8GB's firmware (if there will be any firmware upgrade in the future)

Thank you

Nokia Developer Champion

Re: TAT Kastor UI

So far, Nokia has not announced in advance when a new firmware version will come (if it comes) for a particular device, nor what it contains/fixes. That, in all likelihood, is not different now, either.

Note also that this is not an official Nokia support forum, but more of a developer to developer discussion board/community, and in specific a UI theme design area.

Post Re: TAT Kastor UI

Dear Nokia Team.

I have bought a new 5800 xpress music. And now im downloading all SDKs to develope a new UI, which will support 3D. So I hope that this will do so, as I wish. Is it possible to program a new UI for my mobile phone on my own?

Super Contributor

What kind of UI do yu have in mind, you can certainly create your own themes, background etc, other then that you can create apps in which you can design the UI the way you want.
    Cheers,
    Mayank

Nokia Developer Champion

However, you will not be able to replace/override the whole phone UI or the UI of built-in or other developer's applications with a user-installable application you develop.

So I think that is what I wanted to. I wanted to enable a User Interaction like users of the lg arena are able to. With more desktops and other features. So you don't think this is possible?

Super Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by thomasreisenbichler View Post
    So I think that is what I wanted to. I wanted to enable a User Interaction like users of the lg arena are able to. With more desktops and other features. So you don't think this is possible?
    Well what are the kind of user interactions you are talking about?If if it is your application you can do many things, but if you are intending to change something pre existing/built in, I am afraid cant do much.
    Cheers,
    Mayank

Cool Re: TAT Kastor UI

Quote Originally Posted by thomasreisenbichler View Post
    Dear Nokia Team.

I have bought a new 5800 xpress music. And now im downloading all SDKs to develope a new UI, which will support 3D. So I hope that this will do so, as I wish. Is it possible to program a new UI for my mobile phone on my own?
    I am not a developer nor a member of nokia team, but as far as I know you can do what you said easily.
    you have to run your UI program at startup and replace menu button function of phone.Your program should be able to read installed program icons and find their executable files.
    Of course this way you can't change anything about standby screen (there is something in mind about this too)but you can design your own menus,use installed program icons and everything else.And as mentioned here before, you can not change UI of a written application.
    I hope this will help you write your 3D UI,because this is what I am thinking about these days.Having such a good GPU on my phone and not using it makes me sad!I don't know why nokia (and 3rd party) developers aren't so interested in OpenGL ES coding,that is reverse about iphone developers!!!